About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, August 29, 2014

REMEMBER ME???




I am being bound--FINALLY! Hopefully, I will become finished this weekend. 
 I have been bundled onto a hanger in a dark spare room closet  (not at all comfortable, let me say!) for Waaay too long.  I have lost my voice calling out to "You Know Who"  to come and finish me, so I can stretch out on her bed this Winter.  
The light was so bright today when she finally took me out that it took me a while to behave normally so that she (who wields Helga) could put on my binding.  AND  she almost ran out of binding and --shhh-don't tell anyone, but she had to ADD two pieces in the middle!! Hah--that serves her right for not measuring me--I mean really!!) 
She doesn't even know enough to put in a new bobbin--well, beggars can't be choosers I guess and now I am all ironed, pinned and ready and ..................
waiting--AGAIN--something about sore shoulders...hmmpfh!!  

Hopefully yours in waiting : WONDER WOMAN WALL QUILT...

12 comments:

  1. It sounds like you need to hurry up and finish this girl to quieten her down!!! Well done on another nearly done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhhh, she is sleeping on the table--and I will finish her soon--just a label to do afterward--she'll like the "press"...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  2. You have a very feisty quilt! So glad you're almost done! You had two finishes in such a short time! Good for you! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ro, am really pushing to get done...hugs, Julierose (P.S. WW is moaning a little less now..lol

      Delete
  3. wonder woman.....you must be patient for good things are worth the wait. she who wields Helga was probably contemplating the perfect way to finish you so that you shine. even though YOU are wonder woman, she is human. her sore shoulders are probably from trying to be wonder woman.......so hush little baby dont you cry.........mamas gonna finish you by and by...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Womder Woman--thank you Dawnie; I will try to be more patient--at least she has my binding begun--but--now it's her sore THUMB! I am resting on her table (at least off that dang ol' hanger) and stretching myself out..maybe tomorrow...I hear she will be making a pineapple zucchini bread--hmmm-sounds yummy...hugs, WW...

      Delete
  4. doesn't it feel great to finish a long awaiting UFO? I love to sew binding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does--only...since I have been doing a whole lot of hand sewing my arthritis left thumb has begun complaining and I am having to ice and wear my thumb brace. Sooo, poor Wonder Woman is waiting some more...I can hear her muttering...lol Hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  5. Dear WWWQ,
    You are lucky to be done so far. I know some quilts that are only at the flimsy stage, and some not even that far done. There are quilts like that all over the world! Sore shoulders is nothing to laugh at, and She Who Wields Helga should take it easy. That is my opinion.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thank you Terri--sore shoulders plus sprained thumb and arthritis has kicked in sooo, WWWQ will just have to be patient for a while longer...I told her to read this comment and be QUIET!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks goodness you are out of the dark closet and can show off those pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. With your winter on the way I am glad you are almost done. Congratulations on your finishes. I am starting to feel inspired again,
    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.