About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A NEW VINTAGE GAL HAS COME TO STAY


Look what I got in the mail today!!  A new-to-me vintage singer 301A has come to play...a straight stitcher.  I can't wait to get it threaded and the bobbins wound and let 'er rip...Randy at Barrister's Block  recommended me to her sewing machine guy as interested in getting a straight stitch mechanical machine.


I have this old wooden desk of my Grand'mere's with one front drawer and a tray that pulls out to put her on....

See that little sliding table??  that should be really useful I think.

That's my exciting news for the day gals....

I hope I can figure it all out--trial and error I guess--am looking forward to 1/4" seams!!  Fingers crossed--

WISH ME LUCK....

HUGS, jULIEROSE, LA BLAGEUSE

10 comments:

  1. The 301's make a beautiful straight stitch. I hope you enjoy yours. I bought after-market feet that work well: a quarter-inch foot, a walking foot and a free-motion foot ... in case you decide to do more than piecing with your machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new sewing machine. I love my 301! I think the straight stitch machines really make piecing quilts a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 401 and they aren't that different. Just email me a question. If I can't answer, we'll ask Cheryl of Cheryl's Teapots and Quilts. She has connections!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, a new toy! Have fun playing. I hope to see some wonderful little nine patches soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I love almost anything vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow nice! how exciting! have fun playing with your new toy....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun playing with your new gal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet little machine! Wishing you many hours of enjoyment sewing with her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am green with envy! I want one but probably in black. And a very low price. I don't want much, do I?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.