About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, July 24, 2015

RSC--MUSICAL REDS


      My finished Postage Stamp block for this month....lotta red REDS!! LOL


                                     "Red sails in the sunset...."
                 yikes, looks like this sailboat is floating sideways  (oops!!)


                      "...Can she bake a cherry pie, Billy boy, Billy boy, 
                        Can she bake a cherry pie charming Billy...."


                                "It's the Japanese Sandman......"
I was thinkiong of all these old tunes as I sewed up this block..

I am hooking up with superscrappy today--drop in to see what
 we RSC-ers are up to this "red" month of July.......

The latest on Fi's quilt is that I have quilted all along the width and am set up for the length--I don't need a lot of quilting; just enough to hold it securely
as the front was QAYG-ed.  Hauling that big quilt (big for me, anyway) 
through Helga really puts a strain on my shoulders and arms....but it is nice
to see a finish nearing......

Hugs, 
Julierose, La Blageuse (rouge)



18 comments:

  1. Love the Reds, Julie. I hope you are feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! So fun the things we think of as we sew different fabric pieces together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty reds. Sure to brighten up any quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had so much fun working the reds into the postage stamp block. OOO - backs are no fun when they are out. Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's quite the selection of RED you have there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great red fabrics. This postage stamp block will look great with the rest of the rainbow blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun seeing all your great red fabrics! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one inspired to sing by my fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love those conversation prints...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love listening to your songs Julierose. You have put a smile on my face. :)
    And I love your postage stamp block.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these large postage stamp blocks! I'm planning to steal your idea for next year's RSC,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seeing postage stamp blocks all over the place is making me itch to sew up some of my leftover squares... Best wishes for the end of the work on Fi's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your reds and the sneak peeks at the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your reds look so nice. dont overdo on that back. the quilt will wait.......I have some that have waited for years! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love postage stamp blocks with some fun squares like you pointed out. I always liked those hidden object pictures and I Spy too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.