About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, February 5, 2017

SUNDAY LOST AND FOUND

                                                             PANSY GARDEN

Looking through my UFO's I found this project I had started a few years ago --
it was folded INSIDE of another UFO..all the muslin bases were cut and so....

I sewed this block today:


It does look very different than the other two--many of the fabrics I had used are gone...
into THAT SEWING LAND OF NEVERMORE.....

.so, I will begin to incorporate different greens, purples and will add some yellow and maroon pansies, too..



the first block is very plain with a bit of
sky peeping through on the top left--but
I think I can add embroidery and
beading and some free form darker leaves.








This block:

on the other hand, is SO totally different--much darker--that I am now
thinking that I was just trying out different combinations of fabrics -- I
wish I had left myself some notes....quelle dommage!!
but, we'll see where this goes...
I just love pansies--they are so rich and velvet-looking...harbingers of
S P R I N G....

hugs,
Julierose, La blageuse (thinking of Spring-euse)


8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful UFO find!! I love the fabric you've used in most of the outer pieces, I have some tucked away somewhere, now I need to go find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to pick up an old project and work on it again. It is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a find. Those are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find! I have too many lost, not yet found projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These blocks are so pretty! I'm so glad you found this project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project - I'm glad you found it and are going to pick up where you left off. Love the colours and the shapes - and I think introducing your new fabrics into the mix should work really well.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.