About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

MONET'S GARDEN FLIMSY

                                                              A FLIMSY--FINALLY

I finished cutting the sides this morning and pulling off the last of the 
papers and all the threads...(phew!!);))) BUT--done-zo!!

Then came the riffling through the stash to try out borders....
I tried a lot of prints of all sizes, but they were all just too busy 
and then an 
"AHA"
moment...this turquoise linen/cotton blend has been languishing in my
stash along with my meager amounts of solids...

I love the way it blends with the other water-ey prints...
the text is En Francais...




In my mind's eye:

Night is coming on--- little by little (left side); 
and tiny reflections are mirrored across the pond...
along with a few specks of the rising moon....on the still waters...

"C'est toute" today...
hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse (wishing she were in France-euse)
Linking with Hibiscus Stitches

13 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! How big is it? I have to add it to my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spend much of my life wishing I were in France! Lovely border addition - it is just the right colour; the whole thing really does have a Monet look about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect fabric for the border! The top looks beautiful! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice finish very pretty love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful and the border fabric is perfect. It doesn't detract from the lovely piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you linking up with Anthea. I love your Monet's Garden - it is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julierose - wow thanks for linking up with PYT - what a beautiful piece of work is your Monet's Garden - those fabrics are just gorgeous! Good luck with the borders & quilting! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.