A FLIMSY--FINALLY
I finished cutting the sides this morning and pulling off the last of the
papers and all the threads...(phew!!);))) BUT--done-zo!!
Then came the riffling through the stash to try out borders....
I tried a lot of prints of all sizes, but they were all just too busy
and then an
"AHA"
moment...this turquoise linen/cotton blend has been languishing in my
stash along with my meager amounts of solids...
I love the way it blends with the other water-ey prints...
the text is En Francais...
In my mind's eye:
Night is coming on--- little by little (left side);
and tiny reflections are mirrored across the pond...
along with a few specks of the rising moon....on the still waters...
"C'est toute" today...
hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse (wishing she were in France-euse)
Linking with Hibiscus Stitches
Woohoo that is gorgeous. Love the border.
ReplyDeleteThat is gorgeous! How big is it? I have to add it to my queue.
ReplyDeletePerfect!
ReplyDeleteLovely border!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty. You do Monet proud :)
ReplyDeleteI spend much of my life wishing I were in France! Lovely border addition - it is just the right colour; the whole thing really does have a Monet look about it.
ReplyDeleteLove your top. Love the co!ors Julie Rose
ReplyDeletePerfect fabric for the border! The top looks beautiful! Congrats!!
ReplyDeletenice finish very pretty love the colors
ReplyDeleteThat is beautiful and the border fabric is perfect. It doesn't detract from the lovely piecing.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! It's very pretty.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see you linking up with Anthea. I love your Monet's Garden - it is beautiful. xx
ReplyDeleteHi Julierose - wow thanks for linking up with PYT - what a beautiful piece of work is your Monet's Garden - those fabrics are just gorgeous! Good luck with the borders & quilting! x
ReplyDelete