About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

"IT MIGHT AS WELL BE SPRING"

                           "I'M AS RESTLESS AS A WILLOW IN A WINDSTORM,
                                      I'M AS JUMPY AS A PUPPET ON A STRING....

                                    I HAVEN'T SEEN A CROCUS OR A ROSEBUD
                                                  OR A ROBIN ON THE WING...".....

Pansy update--just plunked up on my wall --waiting for Spring...working slowly on these
trying to pull fabrics that won't look different....

See this mess:
A pile of greens, purples and a few bright yellows and maroons...

the yellow ones ended up in itty-bitty blocks


I don't know if they will be incorporated in with the bigger ones or not yet....but I love their
Spring-like cheeriness...

enough with the snow and cold...it is raw and windy here AGAIN....especially in our
supermarket parking lot!!

"BUT I FEEL SO GAY, IN A MELANCHOLY WAY,
THAT IT MIGHT AS WELL BE SPRING..."

Hugs,
Julierose, La blageuse (dreaming of Spring-euse)




12 comments:

  1. Oh, those colors! Those gorgeous blocks! This is going to be an incredible quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those colors are incredible! Can't wait to see what you do with these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sewing area looks remarkably like mine... Love your flowers, especially the golden ones.
    Our trees are getting really big buds... too early, I think. We could have many blizzards before they usually bud out. We are known for spring snow. (This next 5 days are supposed to be in the 40s. I can finally chip out the ice that has lived on our North sidewalk all winter... I hope. The sun doesn't shine there. Hope you get some early flowers.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! I started singing the minute I saw your first line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the blocks do say spring! Pretty blocks. No snow here and the weather is warming up to a high in the low 70s by the weekend. Wish I could share it with you to help speed the process of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always good to have a peek at the quilting area of other bloggers, and to see that there are piles of fabrics on the table! The feeling of Spring is definitely there in your blocks - perhaps it won't be too far away for you now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such happy and bright blocks. Surely they will brighten your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are going to be so so pretty. dreaming of Spring here too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not long now! Meanwhile it looks like spring has sprung in your sewing room! Fun blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the yellow one! what a great change in color that will make the others pop. Your blocks are so original and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.