About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, June 12, 2017

SLAB-A-THON

Here is the first neutral slab I received from (Dawn's slab-a thon group)
--from Jacky--isn't it just a PERFECT low volume neutral--just what I hoped for......I love it!
  
This will just be amazing with my 2.5" neutral postage stamp squares
that I  am sewing for a table runner...
thank you so much Jacky...(no blog--
 ;(((),..) for the lovely block....


*************************** AND:
Here are a few shots of my hexagon Snow Flowers that I un-earthed from my closet of shame today...

 I worked on this a long,long time  ago...
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*


time to get it together...ya think???

I plan to put blue borders on it .....after sewing it to the snow "white on
white background"....

***************************************************************
And 

Look at this:        Beautiful Peonies............

Here is one  about to bloom...

Aren't they just gorgeous?? 

Will be posting the other slabs as I receive them..
What fun!! To get squishey mail....I am so thrilled.....
****************************************************
Note to self--this Improv thing is really hard for me.....harder than I thought
it would be....you gals doing this stuff are amazing....
I sewed and cut a couple strippies today...but just don't know yet--
hmmmmm, stay tuned....


hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse... (elated-euse)


11 comments:

  1. Hexagon snow flowers looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tryed one and didn't like it, just I am traditional

      Delete
  2. love your slab and your peonies too. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful peonies! The one about to open is just perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Hexagon Snow flowers are gorgeous. LOL I can so relate to having a hard time doing improv blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful peonies! I like your neutral slab. looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can just about smell your peonies, mmmmmmmmmm.
    I remember you working on the flowers in the snow - they are beautiful.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peonies are gorgeous!
    I like what you're doing, the design, decision process,
    challenging but fun too.
    I'm looking forward to see how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the look of your snow flower hexagons. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely hexagons - will we be seeing them together soon? Maybe with the heat presently with you, then Autumn would be a good time for hand stitching. Wonderful, wonderful paeonies!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.