About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, April 13, 2018

A FRIDAY FINISH

                             [I ran out in between raindrops and snapped a few pictures of my:]
                                                                          FINISHED ;)))

                                                                CAMPFIRE MELODIES 
                                                                                     for
                                                                             my son, Jeff

I wan't going to even sew today, but my shoulders felt better and so I decided to
go for it.....


                                      I used the rest of the guitar fabric for the binding....

                           Here is that guitar fabric featured on the backing for his quilt



                                     these long panels on either side are a brushed flannel 
                                                                  nice and cozy-like


                                                    I thought that this kelim -like print
                                                     picked out the guitar colors nicely
                                                      (excuse the threads to be picked off)
{but, as you can see, I only had a little of it; so I pieced more guitar fabric squares
centered on the top and bottom...to stretch it out...} 


AND finally, the piece de resistance...the final finishing touch--the label


                       just a simple  inked sentiment and the particulars of the quilt...
                          using the camping out fabric mountain scene and bordering 
                                      it with the little guitar fabric I had leftover...
*******************************************************
Well, it is D O N E --my last big quilt work...I can feel my shoulders relaxing...
I was really so worried that I wouldn't be able to make this for my son--his is the
last of the family members to receive a big lap quilt...I am doing my happy dance...
AND:
I want to thank you all for your inspired hints, suggestions and constant
encouragement....I don't think I could have kept on going without them....
***********************************************************
I plan to bring it up as a surprise gift this coming week....I hope he likes it...

Hugs for a wonderful weekend to you all, mes amies...
Julierose, La Blageuse (All finished-euse)





14 comments:

  1. Well done on your finish Julierose!! I love the shimmer-y-ness of the lighter fabrics. I'm sure your son will be absolutely thrilled with it. Great backing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will love it! Every stitch was placed there with love, and he knows that. It will be a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that! It’s a great “man quilt”.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic effort. It looks great. Now to have a break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a beautiful finish!! He's going to love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on making it to the finish line. It's wonderful and of course he'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure he will love it. It's stunning. I've enjoyed seeing the creation of this quilt and it's great to see it as a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it came out beautiful! he will love it for sure.
    great job. now relax those shoulders my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on a fun and fabulous finish - I'm sure it will be loved and snuggled under!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your son will treasure this quilt since you made it for him. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy for you with this finish. What a great feeling! I hope you didn't overdo it with the shoulders and they still feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great - well done! I guess by now you have given it to him, so I hope he loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.