About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, April 6, 2018

READY, SET, PIN...

                                                    "CAMPFIRE MELODIES" is layered....
                                    AND....I am  ready for pin basting....at long last....

Here are a few of the fussy cut fabrics ........


Driving to the forest....


AND...


canoeing to our secluded spot.....
on our quiet lake beneath the mountains...


Amid the hush and quiet ....

The melodies are on the reverse side--which I will keep
a secret for now....;}}}}

 ************************************

The only Spring around here is the little tablerunner that
I made last year..




all hand stitched

around

Pansy centers....,
with  purple and green
threads....







the little music box piano that my piano  students gifted me when I retired....
sits quietly waiting to
play its Springtime song....

AND

Dried herbals and flowers from last year's garden lightly scent my room---
 and a shell from our beach combing. brings back Summer days' memories....

                                  *******************SIGH********************

Time for S P R I N G--- (wherefore art thou?)....I ask, I beg you....;oooo
but--not yet as it seems.......
 it is snowing again right now...(nooooooo!!)
and very cold....

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (pin-basting-euse)

16 comments:

  1. We had snow this morning, too... at 20 degrees. You do have that spring spot though. Thanks for sharing it. Gives me hope.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had snow also. Love your string quilt with all the great almost I spy pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fussy cut touches, actually I love this entire top! We had an inch of snow this morning, more possibly over the weekend, but at least I don't need to spend my daylight hours mowing the lawn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully spring will come soon and not be skipped over with a direct hit to summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wet and gray here - not snow but rain. Hang in there - spring WILL come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. can a lawnmower mow snow? ugh.......snowing here too. love your quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. So talented. You are going to quilt it yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that aqua bell jar!!!!!!!!!!!!

    We are having below freezing weather in GA tomorrow too. Stay warm.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great, Julierose. I hope spring finds you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How much fun you had grouping fabrics that bring back such happy memories. And more to see on the back. Pinning and quilting is a good job for these wild days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Campfire Memories looks wonderful--have fun quilting it! It's going to be such a meaningful gift. I'm starting to think this snow is never going to end--a new ice age maybe???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Snow snow go away! So tired of cold! Love your quilt sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I couldn't believe it was snowing again this morning! Your quilt is gorgeous! I hope Springtime finds us soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Campfire Memories is going to be a fun quilt - good luck with the quilting! I hope Spring is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Campfire Memories is lovely. Spring is in Japan, but will soon be coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A delightful display on your table Julierose, and that lamp is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.