About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, June 13, 2019

I LIKE NO. 8

                  This old fashioned wall paper in my main bath--
                     it could be a quilt, don't you think?

***************************************************
This quilt I made for my Granddaughter's 
High School Graduation--
[her "Going Away to College Quilt"]

And that happens today--

Already?? How did that happen so soon??
Titled:  "It's A Jungle Out There"
;))))

And here is the reverse side...
Holiday inspired...

Hope she'll like it...
Made in 2016...
**************************************
I like this setting for Ojos I saw online 
[sorry don't recall where]
**********************************
My new coffee "frother"
Makes my decaf
taste like heaven
Now, doesn't that 
just look👀👀
heavenly?

Yummmmmm

Hugs from Rainy SE CT 
Joining in with LEE ANNA
At Not Afraid of Color

Visit her blog for
more positive weekly fun
;)))))
Julierose, La blageuse (sipping-euse!)

16 comments:

  1. Great likes. Wow that string quilt. Isn't it fun the simple things that make us happy? A coffee frother huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, Julierose ... At first glance I thought your old wallpaper was a border print fabric that you were going to sew into a quilt. It is sew inspiring. A lovely going away to college quilt for your grand daughter. It is good to have quilty hug from Grandma in the jungle. Your frothed coffee looks delicious. Good thing I have a cup of my own at hand's reach. Thank you for sharing I Like Thursday ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birds are pretty in that wall paper. I often see quilts in items that have nothing to do with quilt making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that first photo was your design wall! wow- a coffee frother? hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. That old wallpaper is really pretty. Love the quilt. What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are blessed... a coffee frother?
    And now an "Off to college with her" quilt. I know what you mean. My oldest granddaughter is a Mom of a 3 year old. We're still calling it "ewwwy" trash like she did when she was 3. Life just changes too fast. Good Luck to your Grand.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your granddaughter's quilt! Great name for it! I have a milk frother like that - I should get it out. It definitely makes your basic coffee seem more special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julierose! Congrats to your granddaughter on her graduation day. I agree - how did that happen so quickly?! Your coffee looks delicious! YUM - and it makes mine look like it needs a frother too. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. never ran into a coffee frother? Great pattern for our strings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your wallpaper is so pretty! Your granddaughter will love her quilt! The milk frother is such a great addition to coffee. I'd love to get one! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of a coffee frother, Does it work for hot chocolate, too? And I also thought the first photo was of a quilt panel. Inspiration is everywhere, isn't it? I hope drier, warmer weather is on its way to you (and here in western NY as well).
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. That wallpaper is great! It would make a great quilt design. Maybe with pieced geometrical columns interspersed with applique! I have this old wallpaper in my bathroom (not really that old, just from the 90s but VERY 90s). I was determined to get rid of it when I bought the house, but now I've fallen in love with it! I've often thought it would make a good quilt design inspiration- it's a little wannabe William Morris in style. Maybe someday I'll start sketching!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have your brand but I bought a frother last year after enjoying it at a friend's house. It's such a treat every morning. Enjoy your cup, too. And congratulations to your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. a frother? Never knew about that! I thought your wallpaper was a quilt. I took my granny's yellow quilt to college, and it was so nice in the dorm room. She'll love the one you made. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that wallpaper! You should try recreating it in fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the back of that quilt! All that scrappy goodness!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.