About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, January 2, 2020

I LIKE # 27

                              I like (ed) the traditional Canadian Meat Pie "Porter Chinois"
                               [also called "toutiere"--or as my Aunts said it: "Two-care" ]
                         that my hubby made for us on New Year's Eve for our special meal....
                                              We had it along with a tossed salad
                                                   and a glass of Prosecco each....
                                           our special little twosome celebration....;)
AND..................
***********************************
I like my old (now) sweater blocking board...

That I used to try to block out my RED/PINK "Franken-quilt"!! ;0000
↓↓↓↓↓                                              ↡↡







Laid out



and ready to be sprayed



and pinned....

                                                 You can see how it spills off on this side...
                                                          AND:       I like:
This idea from our "hostess with the mostess, " Lee Anna at "Not Afraid of
Color" blog where we all gather to post our likes weekly....

 [and it did help with the doggie fabric strips a bit...but this is back
on its hanger in the closet for now....still Misbehavin' ]

I am going to sew WIDE border strips and see if I can make them straight, at least, and
leave the thing as it is...[this idea from : "Quilt Diva Julie" blog....].
And then quilt the heck out of it...

Isn't it great to be a part of blogland where you can find (plead for !lol) answers to
your sewing problems;))))

Thanks for all your helpful comments, encouragement and empathy....

hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (taking a deep breath-euse)


13 comments:

  1. That pie looks yummy! happy new year! Happy Quilting

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got it going on there, Girl. A man who cooks!!!! and a quilt that misbehaves... you've got it all. LOL
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. love tourtiere (wrong spelling I think?) actually love anything between two pie crusts!! A belated Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea to the idea of making it work as is. There was a border thing for a while, where they tilted and sort of spun around the quilt. I wonder about that effect for this. It's cute. Prosseco and pie... good tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julierose! I agree with the adding borders - it will straighten out everything. I would measure the longest side, cut them that length and then ease the shorter side (a.k.a., stretch) to be the same length. Is that what you're going to try? Or maybe the opposite - ease the longer side into a shorter border piece. Anyhoo - that will make the whole quilt top just perfect and after quilting NO ONE will be the wiser. No telling either! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. That meat pie sounds yummy - you have a very handy hubby! Your red/pink looks so pretty - I'm sorry it's misbehaving. Hope you can get it figured out. Happy New Year, Julierose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! The meat pie looks delicious. Your quilt looks fine to me!I always figure it will "quilt out"!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never been a fan of meat pies until we discovered a great recipe for tourtiere last year and now I love it. I think you've found a great name for your quilt..... 'Still Misbehavin'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pie looks yummy. Oh no the quilt is back into time out?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What if your borders were red and pink and white crumb blocks and you trimmed them even. Its busy enough that i dont think anyone would be the wiser. The crumbs also fool the eye as they are like a busy print. Take this baby out of time out and make her work! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmm....Meat pie. It's been a long time since I've made one. Frankenquilt. LOL It looks great! I hope it behaves at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Border strips will be a good idea, great advice from Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pie looks amazing, what a wonderful meal! I love your quilt, it isn't Frankenquilt it's a wabi-sabi project, love the colors!!! Have a wonderful New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.