About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, January 13, 2020

JANUARY JUGGLING

                      This is the latest distribution of my greens.....
                      I don't know if this is the final set up or not....
                          I plan to use some kind of coping strips 
                                  to pull these together...
                                     looking for a coping fabric..
                                      A Green Sampler in the making:)))

**********************************************
                        And here:    Some Strip Juggling..
↟↟↟ 
I used a Kaffee Fassett jelly roll and some of my own stash for spacers....
                   Having never made a Jelly Roll Race quilt before,
             I have decided to make one to work on my strip piecing abilities....
                                        [After Franken-Quilt-- after all]

Using spacers from my own stash; and now....
                                                      Round One is finished....

I have used TWO full bobbins so far....so I spent the last hour of my afternoon
winding more bobbins...in preparation for the other rounds to come...

How is your January going???

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (sewing like the wind-euse)

       

16 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a scrappy color-based sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your green sampler. It looks great! I can't believe that was in your stash. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi If you don't use spacers in Greenie, you'll have one of these ad hoc freestyle quilts that are so loved. It does look fun.

    I have no idea what a Jelly Roll Race is?

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty green! (To quote an old advertisement that you may not have had over there.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the greens. Oh a Kaffe Fasset Jelly Roll Race quilt how delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your greens look so inviting. You’ve chose accent colors well. Good luck with the spacers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Julie your green sampler is delightful!
    And I saw your Franken Flimsy, so amazing.
    You are doing exciting things here, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. don't they look great together??? what an exhibition this would make, 10 art quilts based on one color

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your greens , noticed I have very little greens in my stash. makes me want to buy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Facsinating! The combinations you come up with are so eclectic and fun. Anxious to see how this turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh - I didn't realize you planned to put all your greens together in one sampler project. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The color green sampler- it's delightful! Will await your jelly roll race results. I made one once, and found it was a whole ton more sewing than I thought it would be! Your bobbins tell the story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful blocks and greens, you've come up with a great idea to use coping strips, good luck with finding the perfect fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a lot more green scraps than I do - I'm jealous! ;) I really like your sampler and especially the string blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a great idea - makes me want to try a scrappy sampler too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.