A little surprise this morning--just a dusting of white stuff....
It's so cold, I took these out my front
door;)))
Quite a difference from Summery rains....
So into my sewing room:
GREENERY↓↓↓↓ OF A DIFFERENT KIND
Here are the beginnings of my RSC journey this year:
Little pile O' scraps.......
Ojos greenery
And
Nine patches...I snuck in one darker green..
A N D
Crazy little, wonky grayed-off greens...
"Itsie-Bitsies"
I used my longer strips on Ojos;
and then mediums on 9 patches; and
little cast offs on Itsie Bitsies.....
*********************************
SINCE I HAVE ONLY VARIOUS WEIRD CUT OFFS LEFT....
I am rustling through my stash to find little greens that may have
jumped ship to add to my paltry collection....
O R T S
So on this Wintry, gray day, I am thinking of green and gold
Summertime days as I sew along...
Hugs, Julierose, La blageuse (dreaming of summer-euse)








Good morning. I love your summer greenery projects, esp love the red daisy piece.
ReplyDeleteI was so surprised at 1 AM when Mo asked to go out to potty [yawn] and it was snowing hard! [He had refused to go out all day bec he is afraid of high winds. Doesn't mind snow tho---how do they know?]
lizzy
sun is out here but rain tonight
ReplyDeleteSo you have snow there, too. I thought we were the only ones...
ReplyDeleteI love your greens. They are inspiring me to make some green blocks. Maybe I'll actually do something today. Thank you, JR.
Hugs
That makes me want to get my green scraps out now.
ReplyDeleteI wish we had a titch of snow. Lol. The greens and gold make me think of March and St. Pat's Day!
ReplyDeleteIt's so much fun to see all the ways we're using green this month! No snow here and that's just fine with me.
ReplyDeleteNot much summer green here - everything is kind of bleached out and frazzled looking. We need some good rain to make everything green again.
ReplyDeleteWe too had a dusting. Crazy.was in 50s and then boom. 20 and snowing. Wheres my blankey and hot chocolate??? Cmon Dunkin lets snuggle and look at the beautiful blocks Julie is making.love these!
ReplyDeleteWe had some frost on the windshield this morning in Florida taking Emily to school. I had to add the outer layer of my winter coat, hat and gloves for my morning walk after dropping her to school 31 degrees on the car temp! Pretty greens. I played with some yesterday as well.
ReplyDeleteYou might like a look at this - from Not Afraid of Color.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo2-q80xBLk
excellent start! I like the improv nature of these. Do you know of Ann and Kaja who have an hourglass challenge going on? Simple block to explore color on.
ReplyDeletewouldn't mind that much snow here!
ReplyDeleteI recognize several of your fabrics from my own stash and like you, I'm running low on green. Enjoy your projects. They are all lovely.
ReplyDeleteThat's great! Keep using those GREEN scraps!!! :o))
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun way to use up scraps. I wonder...for the little 'bits' left if you could sew them together and make a 'modern' take on a block??
ReplyDeleteI love how the snow looks, just hate driving through it! I love how you're using up your green scraps!
ReplyDeleteWell, for not having many greens (as you lamented to me in your last email), you sure came up with a lot of cute blocks!! Good on YOU!!!
ReplyDeleteYou really are going green in a big way Julierose!! Love the Ojos.
ReplyDelete