About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, January 17, 2020

SEWIN' O' THE GREENS

               The center panel of my RSC January bright greens
                   is sewn together...I have the two side panels
                      and that top area to work on...

My scraps are mostly little bits and pieces with a few usable
scraps left...

                         What looks  gold is really a green above...




                            I have a few of these little strippets left...



                            I love this little Flower Fairy scrap a lot...

                       Come and see what all we RSC-ers have made 
                         so far this 
                               January at:
                                                 So Scrappy (click to visit) 

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (still green-scrapping-euse)


25 comments:

  1. I love quilts but I have no idea how they are made actually. No wonder they are so expensive - they are really made with love and a lot of hard work. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely improv quilt, so much energy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So the way you are going, is your house almost scrap and fabric free?

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun green project and sweet fairy scrap! I love pops of novelties

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this quilt! It's so fun and I think quilting it will really add to it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of tiny scraps! That fairy is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed with your dogged desire to use up scraps. You make it look like fun but I know it's work too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lot of scrappy green fun, Julierose! You've made me want to see this quilt up close and in person, which is I my favorite thing about scrap quilts. I like that little fairy scrap, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THat is a lot of sewing done, Julierose. Are you making a new scrappy quilt every color month?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done! Great job corralling the greens into a project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you have been having SEW much fun in your Light/Bright GREEN scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember those flower fairies. Lovely combination of greens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful arrangement of green blocks and units. And I think the flower fairy fabric is amazing. I like how you are brave and use it in bits and units.
    Sometimes I see a print and it seems so precious I'm almost afraid to cut into it.
    But I see you know exactly how to use it for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great use of all those little green bits!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have made good progress, not much more now before the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilt is looking very happy - great job! It's not easy putting pieces of differing sizes together so they come together looking great and you've done it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your combination of fabrics is wonderful! You're making the best of your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the free and joyous way that is coming together. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have so many shades of green! Awesome. Coming together nicely. Looking forward to seeing them come together this year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is at once lively (all the shapes!) and contained (just green!). Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You KNOW I love your scrappy green project - I’m doing one too! Great minds think alike! Yours is so interesting with bits of red and darker greens and interesting shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The more I see this, the more I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your quilting skills really amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.