Here is my first week's sewing for the April's Light blues
The three semi-circular rings have free-scissor-cut blades
Of varying widths..
⇓
I am calling these "Seaside Spring"
and you can just see the tiny bits of
Ocean printed fabrics in each ring...
and here ⇓ is.........................↴↴
A sailing ship
"Ahoy Matey";)))
AND:
this ⇑ little seaside cottage...
I haven't, as yet, figured out what i will use for the centers...
but it is a start anyway....
*****************************************
and ↡↡↡
the two little "H" blocks (TOP R) may be the start of a family quilt...
that I have been thinking about....
**********************************
Then------those hourglasses use the fabric that I dyed
in the 1980's that has been
hanging around for eons!!
*****************************************
I will be knocking at superscrappy's door --[masked and gloved] to visit
all the other RSC-ers this week...to exchange posts on what we've
made so far...come and join us (6' apart, of course)...
Please stay safe and be vigilant😷😷😷
Julierose, La Blageuse (in a light-blue-mood-euse)




If there's one thing I love, it's wheel, ring, and plate patterns. And another thing is blue. This is fun with all the images included. Well done!
ReplyDeleteYou have such interesting blue scraps! The rings are so pretty. I've had the blue scrap bin out for a month, but at least I have more blues than teals and should be able to knock out my RSC blocks with no problems.
ReplyDeleteI'm loving wonky rings for your Circlish quilt, Julierose!! Those paired with your Light BLUE "H" blocks makes your design wall appear to be saying Oh, Oh. LOL!!
ReplyDeleteYour rings of blue scraps are so much fun to look at, Julierose! I always think that's the best thing about scrappy quilts - all the surprises you find when you look in close!
ReplyDeleteYou have done such a lot of blue sewing already, those rings are lovely. And the blue and yellow blocks look like Spring to me!
ReplyDeleteLove the rings! You've gotten off to a fine start with Light/Bright Blues this month. My cousin lives in Shelton Ct and a school friend of my mother lives in Mystic. Are you close to either of those towns? Stay safe. You seem to be in a particular "hot zone".
ReplyDeleteGreat start! I don't have the collection of light blues that you do. I might have to sit this one out and get some other projects moved ahead, that's good too.
ReplyDeleteHey, this looks great. I love the soft blues.
ReplyDeleteThose rings are fascinating! I'm enjoying seeing where they take you!
ReplyDelete(And I spy a familiar blue fabric - that second H block is made from one of my favorites!) (I bought a bunch of it years ago and most of my quilts have a bit or two tucked in somewhere!)
Lots of blue April sewing already! Love the "ooh"s.
ReplyDeletede-light-ful!
ReplyDeleteEverything is so pretty, the O's and the H's, love the fabrics. Looking forward to seeing what they all become.
ReplyDeleteYour blue rings are so pretty. I like the little ship and cute cottage. Very nice. Stay Healthy.🎶🌹🌻🐦
ReplyDeleteI recognize that "woodblock" print (dark blue iris on lighter blue). Dates from the late 1990's, I think -- I chipped away at the couple-of-yards piece.
ReplyDeleteLovely circles in fabulous colours!
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking me to the "beach" seeing that my swimming season was cut short due to this pandemic.
ReplyDeleteYou seem to have a never ending supply of lovely fabrics!
ReplyDeleteFun blue scraps! I love the fact that you're doing scrappy which to me is the true definition of quilts stemming back generations. Nice!
ReplyDeleteI love blue and your fabrics are gorgeous! Love the circles too!
ReplyDeleteLove the circles of blue! How are you going to set them?
ReplyDelete