About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

S L O W SPRING + CS

                                                   Magnolia still not fully opened.....


   Bleeding Hearts...coming up despite the fact that we lost our huge hydrangea
                                      that shaded them last year....


     Little Rhodie sheltering in the bud on the windy corner of our house....


            My pink Peony stretching upwards..................


             Daffodils nodding in the winds by my large favorite 
                            moss-covered rock near our front patio.....


                                    Holly showing signs of life now.............


                                                        My first pink Azalea bloom...
                                                                       AND

                                                          Finally, IRIS .

**********************************
And....................

                                   Latest Courthouse  Steps ⇓⇓⇓


                                           I now have a total of 42 made....

                   I am taking a bit of a break from sewing them; and I am now
                                     working on the SIL's backing--
                                I want/need to get this layered so that
                                        I can begin to tie it...
***************************************
Shopping during Covid :😷🙏🙍

Early this morning I did my grocery run; the doors open for
Seniors early, so I was up at 6 a.m.-----

I think we now have enough to hold us for 2-3 weeks ...

This is such an un-nerving trip these days....masked, gloved, 6 feet
away from everyone, following one-way arrows up and down the aisles.
Then home to sanitize it all...... and ME, too    ;0000
So............
I am relaxing this afternoon with a cup of tea and a good book:
"An Old Cold, Grave" {a Lane Winslow Mystery series book} 
by Iona Whishaw--set in post-WW2 Canada...if you like mysteries
that are well-written, I would highly recommend this series....;))))

Stay safe all----
                      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ waving on our partly sunny day~ ~ ~ 

Julierose, La Blageuse {recuperating-euse} ;)))



18 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see all 42 of your log cabin blocks together. It has such an eclectic feel to it. I think I'm going to love it. Your flowers and plants look so lovely. I just think we are so blessed that it's spring when all this other stuff is going on. It really brightens up everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the grocery store last week - it was never "fun" but now it feels downright unnerving. I spent the rest of that day reading and drinking hot tea as I was non-plussed and wiped out. Thankfully it will be another 3+ weeks before I need to endure that store again. Take Care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your spring garden.
    And I like your new Log Cabin blocks, beautiful.
    Brave you going out to shop, it's not such an ordeal here.
    Hope everything went well. Yes, tea and a good book after all that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! You have had an exhausting day. Good plan to relax now w tea and a good book.

    your CS is so interesting, just lovely.

    And your garden! So hopeful and pleasing. And beautiful.

    Have a good sunny afternoon, dear friend.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your garden cheerfulness. I have fun with my menu. Ughh. I always made a menu plan, list then went. Now have to cook what i can get. Frustrating to say the least as well as the extensive cleaning and sanitizing going on. Dont forget washing your dried cracked bleeding hands. Grrrrr.love your quilt blocks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to see the magnolia is surviving the critters :) The bleeding hearts are amazing. I did out grocery shopping this morning as well. It's quite the adventure...still amazes me how many people do not follow the clearly marked arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring has arrived in your garden, and I just love magnolias.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to enjoy grocery shopping, but, I agree, it is now very stressful. Our senior times (for which I qualify) are very crowded so I try to go right when they end. I shop for my husband and me as well as my 92 year old mother and his 86 year old mother so it takes me quite a long time to get 2 weeks worth of food for all. Then Hubby wipes every item down while I wash me again and change clothes. It is quite an undertaking now isn't it? Your garden is certainly prepping for a beautiful flower show. I like your courthouse steps. Thanks for the book recommendation. I am reading a whole lot more right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realize you made so many Courthouse Step Blocks. Can't wait to see the quilt you make! I hate grocery shopping. It's scary to me. Take care and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bleeding heart is ahead of mine, peonies about the same stage. All of spring's growing and blooming is especially wonderful this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your plants are gorgeous. Mine are still meh. Courthouse steps are coming along. Trust me I understand the grocery store thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blocks - they are very elegant looking.
    I am totally with you on grocery shopping.
    Also - your garden is looking good - we are a little ahead of you here.
    Love the magnolia bush - I have one too.
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you navigated the shopping trip and got home safely - it's not a comfortable experience, is it? Much better to stay in with your lovely garden and those fabulous blocks - I'm still loving the colour scheme of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flowers made me so happy today! Glad you are finally getting some spring. Gardening (when it isn't raining here) has been a great comfort to me these days. Hugs and love your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was up at 6 too (or dark-thirty in the morning as I'm more apt to call it) so I could be at the store for seniors hour. For some reason I never can sleep properly when that trip is looming over me. I never have liked shopping and now that I have to go alone to shop for two households it's most definitely not an activity I relish doing. Loved seeing your beautiful flowers - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely spring flowers and new growth everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your spring garden. It is slow this year! You have lots of beautiful plants and shrubs.
    your blocks are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.