Next two Courthouse blocks (night shot)
Some really old and vintage looking fabrics in here...
I love those faded roses and the paisley...
and ↴↴↴↴
Here is a good example of fabrics I wish had more of...but still have
a few strips left to use up...
I love that blue floral and the beige and the blue calicoes...
I am trying to sprinkle a few into each block along with my newer fabrics.
So, it seems, some blocks tend toward the more purple-y and
others blue-ish and
yet others peachy and maroon-ish and
pinks also...so VERY scrappy all over
and in each block, too...
I have 27 blocks made so far...they are 9" unfinished...so I will now measure
the bed (it is king size) and try to figure out how many I will need...using
8.5" measurement...(that's right, right???);000
[Math-challenged moi]
That's all I made today-- there is a lot of thread
trimming and fabric trimming in making these--
so time consuming -- but fun, too...
Here is my table set up with cut strips:↡↡↡↡ I keep adding new ones...
********************************************************************
I was so tired--I slept for over 3 hours this afternoon--
and that is after 8 hrs last night!! :'000.
Did some catching up on "Zzzz's" for sure...
Hope this finds you all taking care and healthy
~ ~ ~ still waving --with mittens this time--it's cold--brrrr
Julierose, La Blageuse (Strip-sewing-euse)




Wow you have the mother lode of strips. Were you using your accuquilt? Love your blocks.
ReplyDeleteMittens! Burr! I hope it warms up for you soon.
ReplyDeleteGreat piecing and color choices. And yes, the math and the squaring up, rulers are our friends.
More lovely blocks and fabrics, especially the large floral in the second block.
ReplyDeleteYes, obviously the extra sleep time was needed.
Great way to use up scraps! Those are some fun blocks!!!! Stay safe!
ReplyDeleteI think these two are my favorites so far (or do I say that every time?) I love vintage-y fabrics. Hopeful that you are staying on the well side.
ReplyDeleteThis quilt is being created in what I feel is what quilts should be. A nod to our ancestors who didn't have anything BUT scraps to make their quilts. No matchy-poo in their lives. Just utilitarian make do with what they had and beautiful in their own right.
ReplyDeleteCool blocks. It will be a very nice quilt
ReplyDeleteLovely . I'm not finding soft colored florals for you in my stash. Ioffered too soon. But as I am working along, I ll keep it in mind. [bright or deep colored CW repros seem to predominate in my not-huge stash.] I am sorry.
ReplyDeleteMath : 10 blocks by 10 blocks = 85" x 85" and would be 100 blocks. You'll need a lot more for king size. I looked up a size chart, 12" drop on king size is 102" x 92" [or wahtever you decide, of course] I come up w 11 bloooocks x 12 bloocks....
love
lizzy
ps do not trust my math,lol.
great blocks, take care of yourself
ReplyDeleteYou found the perfect spot to use those big florals. Lovely!
ReplyDelete