About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, May 2, 2020

FUN IN MAY

                    Here are the next three Courthouse Steps blocks...
                             These are taking much longer as fabrics
                                    have been pared down a bit and so........
                                           decisions take longer...

Before I was really whipping through block making, but now, maybe 
one a day...and I also had to cut more muslin squares and more triangles
for hourglass centers...

So far, I have 52 made up....all different...I have them all stacked in a pile
off to the side....
the burning question is will they all play well together?
?????????????????????????????????

                         And I have begun a new block-a-day project for the : 
                                            " Merry Month of May...."

                                       Here are the first two....⇣⇣⇣⇣
                      I will try to make one each day so that I  will have 30 blocks
                                   to make up into a lap quilt on May 30th......

                      Another easy-peasey and enjoyable project....

I hope your weather this Saturday is as pretty as ours is...nice and
sunny--if still a bit chill-making with the winds off the ocean.....

~ ~ ~ ~ waving from my recliner after lunch....

Julierose, La Blageuse (Fun-sewing-euse)


11 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of making Hourglass blocks, but they are SEW cute in the middle of your Courthouse Steps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to love your Merry Month of May quilt from the look of these first two blocks! You have wonderful fabrics in your stash closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay girl color me impressed. Those are tiny tiny blocks to work on with the hands - my hands aren't good! Those are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always enjoy seeing more of your Courthouse Steps blocks and do like the new block of the day project. Ln the subject of weather, good to hear you're enjoying the sun, we on the other hand are indoors with cold, high winds and heavy rain outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! I love the idea of Merry Month of May but I have too much going on right now to add one more thing. I'd love to get my scraps organized, including cut, so that I could easily jump into something like this. Oh well, I'll just look forward to watching you from the sidelines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Month of May is going to be super splendiferous. Those hourglass cabin blocks are pretty awesome, too - and yes, they will all play well together, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Courthouse Steps blocks are super lovely!
    And a new Snowball block quilt started, good choice.
    And I've said it before but I do like your print and color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How big are your courthouse steps? You could always pick 2 or 3 fabrics and make more rows on each. They are so fun.your new blocks are fun too

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's just something about scrappy blocks, isn't there? To see if they all play together well, and they often do! Love the teapot fabric in your snowball block!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course your blocks will play nicely together - the fabrics are all wonderful and you're making it in the true spirit of scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those blocks look tiny! You have some lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.