About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, May 4, 2020

MUTED MONDAY (well almost)



                                                         May 4th's block-a-day....
                          [overcast skies again,,,= muted photos ;000)
********************************************
MAY RSC Hunt:
I dug into my scraps and only could find "Christmas" dark greens....

So I pulled those, and I decided to make some free-cut Christmas
dresdens next...(Actually, I was wondering if I would even get 
any out of those  pieces, but managed 3 little ones)
                                                  ↧↧↧↧
                    As you can see there is very little dark green-- 
but I feel that with such a dark color 
a little can go a LONG way....

                  I co-opted some leftover charm squares and my
                    favorite Jason Yenter leftover prints for the 
                      dresdens...and the two larger circle
                        centers.  I added reds and golds to fill
                            out those few dark dark greens...

                     The background script fabric contains 
                                 all Holiday words--
                      I only had a smallish piece of that 
                                   and had to make
                          two hangings as it wasn't all that long
                                 or wide enough to place all 
                                        3 on one piece.....

This way, I will have the larger one for my cocktail table and the 
smaller matching one for my glass top table in my living room...

For now....
These are just pinned in place ready for appliqueing tomorrow...

                        I am calling these "Joyeux Noel"

N>B>So much for "muted", right????
--Here I am babbling away
What a blatherskite I am.....;000 

["yakkety yak, don't talk back" hahaha now that 
song will be running 
through your head today ...
You're welcome ;)))]
***************************************
Thom took us for a country backroads' ride after lunch...
The first time we have been out except for grocery shopping
since March 10th....
it was really weird--
roads practically
empty, cars in driveways, 
eerie feeling...
but it was good to  get out even though 
I really was a bit anxious about going...

We had our masks at the ready and our gloves--just in case
we had to stop for some reason...
the car battery was SO low--
we motored about one hour to help to charge it up.
👫😓😨
***************************
~ ~ ~ waving--now in that recliner again!! 
Julierose, La blageuse (tired-euse)
                              
        

11 comments:

  1. What a clever use of your dark greens. Now you have a couple of festive pieces for the holiday.
    Hope you enjoyed the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job with the dark greens. Id have read that prompt and given up for good. The person running the chall must be doing leaves,lol, bec that is one ugly color. But no, you made it Christmassy and lovely. Wow. I sent you fabric today but the mail lady didn t take the envelope, I don t think. Hope it gets to you soon, despite our wildly different tastes in fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With us all staying at home these days we certainly must remember about the car battery. They need a run every now and again. One bonus is that we are not paying for much petrol or diesel for cars these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice ride seems just the ticket. It is weird. When I go to work,no busses, no traffic,nothing. Like your Christmassy projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Holiday blocks! It's so great to use up those small scraps. My mom has to drive around just to keep her battery from dying. It already died once. The Covid numbers in Massachusetts are finally getting better. I'm still scared for when we open everything up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to have my battery charged over the weekend. Now I need to go out and drive around a couple times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your dresdens and the centers you chose for them! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tiny Dresdens, Julierose! That's a great use for the Christmas scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting out sounds like a great idea right now! Making 3 tiny dresdens was a great idea, too! Adorbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty assortment of dresdens. And I know what you mean about being anxious about going out. This week I'll have to go out three separate times to do things for my elderly friend and I truly don't want to. If it weren't for her I would only need to go out once a month for a few groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I may blatantly copy your dark green ideas. Glad you were able to get out for a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.