I've been re-sorting my fabric stash into colorways.....prints
and solids separately:
↴↴↴
[There is my little found blue stack on the top left...;))) ]
I will have to try to make a totally solid quilt
this year...I've never managed that...;)))
******************************************
Then I decided to work on
my threads and notions, too.
↧↧↧↧
them and even managed to label a few...
I didn't throw any of the threads away--even my
Grand-mere's old American thread Co. ones,
as I can use those for basting;--
and i am a bit sentimental about them..
;))))
At least I have a good idea of what's on hand
for me to work with now....
Mostly I worked in 20 minute stints
a couple times a day....
I still have tons of containers with
started and abandoned projects and
more bits and bobs of fabrics left
to do.
I hope to hit those this weekend;
for today and Friday I am
trying to shake off this head cold and
tummy troubles...just don't feel
all that good...
B U T
I feel great 😃😂😄
that I've managed to do this much.
I feel like it's a good start
to
2 0 2 4.
******************************
I hope you are all keeping well
and warm during this massive cold snap
we all seem to be having...
😱
More snow predicted beginning
tomorrow night into Saturday with
continuing C O L D temps here.
They say not too bad a storm, but
that's what they said about the
last event, too....
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
{pretending-to-be-organized-euse;))) }



Reading "The Locked Room" by Elly Griffiths....
ReplyDeleteIT LOOKS GREAT!!! You should be proud of all you have accomplished. I'm so glad you finally found your blue stack. There is nothing worse than looking and not finding in a sewing room. Because, why would your sewing supplies be in another room - right?
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to read that you are still feeling unwell, sending you a cyber hug from across the sea.
ReplyDeleteThere's something good about venturing into the cupboards and closets and seeing what you have! It's very satisfying. (And I loved The Locked Room and the Galloway series!)
ReplyDeleteThis is an amazing accomplishment. I hope it will reignite your energy. I have been seeing temperature quilts that use all solids.
ReplyDeleteHooray for finding your blues! And it is still very below-freezing cold here - have had freezing rain on top of the snow all day today ... ugh. The wacky part is that we'll be in the sixties by mid-week next week.
ReplyDeleteThe weather has really gotten bad. It's so cold and the last thing we need is more snow!! It sounds like you're doing so good decluttering your sewing area.
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better. There are so many viruses out there right now.
You are making inroads with your sorting. Hope you feel better soon. Keep warm and cosy.
ReplyDeleteYour stash looks so organized! Wanna come and do mine??
ReplyDeleteI have my Grandma's threads too, all on wooden spools. Like you I have decided to use them up as basting thread. Then what to do with the spools that I then hate to part with.
ps - feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteWorking on it in short segments of time is more fun than trying to do it all at once. Now you are reacquainted with all of your fabrics and threads.
ReplyDeleteStarted and abandoned projects are the hardest decisions, keep them, recycle into different projects, get rid of them?
Hope you are feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteIt’s amazing how much we can get done in the tidying and organizing departments a little bit at a time. I’ve been going through some boxes in our storage area…I found three boxes of magazines from 1991! They have left the building and are being recycled. Why did I keep them so long????
Your sewing storage area is looking great!
I don't purposely buy solids and I wonder how I've managed to acquire two big tubs of them. LOL!
ReplyDelete