No matter what I've put onto
this, it just doesn't thrill me!!
So here it stands...
and may stay except for a little stop
border perhaps in turquoise...
We are linking up with
to show our progress
Or
in my case..
the lack thereof....πΏπΊ
Here is one thing I've tried but
ended up not liking
Maybe just too dark????
I just don't know......
Working in someone else's
format is not that easy
for me....
And with scrappy cut offs also...
Am I whining??? π
πππ’
[Well, I guess a bit...]
I look forward to seeing how the other
participants are doing...
Hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse
( still-trying-out-things-euse)


NO COMMENT--boo-hooing
ReplyDeleteI like the colors in the surrounding blocks. I don't think they are too dark, especially since the center is so light.
ReplyDeleteI like the darker blocks but if you don't, try something lighter. Maybe it will help you decide what you like better?? I think the whole concept sounds too hard for me!
ReplyDeleteI really like the blocks you have made to surround your BB. It is a little dark but I think it works because it repeats some of the shades from your actual blossoms. It makes the piece a little moody.
ReplyDeleteYou have all the elements made for a fabulous little quilt! Maybe all it needs to make you happy with it is a bit of lighter fabric for a narrow coping border before adding the squares for border 2. Maybe even introduce another color, a medium-deep pink with purple tones, or even that pansy shade that appears in the center yellow block on the left side? Please don't give up on it, this has all the makings of a great quilt!
ReplyDeleteWhat if you tried a narrow plain border before you put on the outer blocks? Perhaps pick up some more of the yellow for that?
ReplyDeleteI like the dark blocks surrounding the center. Maybe you could remove the very darkest and make some medium tone blocks to replace them.
ReplyDeleteI like the square-in-a-square blocks! Maybe that turquoise stop border in between? Have fun playing around with it. I especially love the yellow pieced free-form roses.
ReplyDeleteI like the colour combinations you have used in both the centre and the outer blocks you experimented with. I was wondering if a small lighter border between your current piece and the blocks would work? For some reason your bowl and flower shapes really appeal to me, maybe a piano keys border would complement the strong lines of the stalks in the centre piece.
ReplyDeleteHowever, if you aren't feeling joyful about the process at the moment, maybe let it sit for a bit? Sometimes letting something marinate helps me to see other possibilities. The colours really are lovely.
I love the central section of your BB1, and I also love the border blocks. So beautiful Tho of course you must do what pleases you.
ReplyDeleteWe same to be on the same page with BB! First border on but struggling and struggling to decide what next - and I saw the note that there is a Linky Party, I think for 2 weeks, perhaps I can rustle up at least one border!
ReplyDeleteI really like your central piece. Have you thought about putting the narrow border on then trying those blocks you are rejecting again? It is hard to follow someone else's way of working, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteMaybe a bird or a bee (or a few) in the "sky" above the potted flowers.
ReplyDeleteHow about some yellow flowers (I envision a few airy sprays) with greens pulled from the squares in your last embroidered in the center and then a thin yellow border before the blocks of the last border? If the outer blocks do not fit after the yellow, just add some random yellow coping strips.
ReplyDeleteJust my thoughts from looking at your progress so far.
The center is wonderful. I don't know that it needs anything too fussy on the edges -- make that centerpiece pop!
ReplyDeleteI actually really love how moody this little quilt is getting. Makes the wonderful little basket just pop! I would probably go even one more round of the dark moody colors, even a shade darker, ha! and then maybe plan on binding it with the yellow? So many ideas. It's very difficult to land on the 'right' thing sometimes isn't it? Thanks so much for posting your progress and following along though!:)
ReplyDeletePreeti just posted her new Blush quilt made of the same blocks as your outer border. And Blue Elephant Stitches made an interesting color progression for the outer border. Not sure but those might help you resolve your border. I love the simple flowers in the center! Now to get to work on mine.
ReplyDeleteI like your border blocks, but can also see how it does darken things down. That's not all bad, but maybe the centers need to be that bright yellow to liven them up? (Yes, yes, I understand the hassle here... I ripped about 4000 squares apart for my project because it was being a drama queen, so I understand!)
ReplyDelete