WIPS = scrappiness ;)))= Happiness;))))
*************************
and here are the first of my lovely
Bleeding Hearts
blooming by our deck steps...
they say
"Spring"
to me...
💗💕💓
From one little plant that a
friend gifted me they have
spread out underneath
my hydrangea
↯↯↯↯
You can just make out a few of the littlebudding leaves on the hydrangea....
We had cut it back [drastically!!]
last year,
but hardy soul that it is,
it is making a nice comeback...
I am waiting to plant my marigold seeds
until Mother's Day--
[my birthday this year]
💃😍😎
You just can never be sure about
freezes here in SE CT...
**************************
It has gotten really warm--74.7 degrees
at 2 p.m. and the humidity
has begun to climb--60 now...
We were able to have our
coffee on the back deck
after our walk at the field...
this morning...
I went ALL the way around
AGAIN!! ;)))
👫
***********************
Tom mowed the lawn for the
first time and did all the edging!!
Phew--tiring when you're not
used to it!!
{and are 85!!}
**********************
We will bbq burgers tonight and
have them with a salad...
time for a little respite nap...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(still-scrapping-after-all-these-years)




Not time for reading today...but continuing on with "Absolute Truths"--it has
ReplyDelete623 pgs!!! I do like a good, hefty book that lasts a long while and keeps my attention...
Sounds like Summer in JulieRose World! The burgers etc BBQ --always the best!
ReplyDeleteYour projects are so fun, so pretty. Are they as tiny as the look? 1"? squares?
good for you for walking, you'll sleep well tonight. And Tom, so much work. Remind him not to overdo.
The bleeding hearts are so pretty, like a wildflower. Def say spring. My little artist friend, age 4 now, wanted to start her garden yesterday, marigolds and a packet of wildflower mix. Her daddy said what you said, too soon, cold nights may still come. I hope her garden grows this year, last year was a fail.
My marigold seeds go in Memorial weekend, bloom til Christmas.
Those Bleeding Hearts shout SPRING to me. =) They are gorgeous! How nice you are able to enjoy the warmer weather. Love all that scrappy happiness on your wall.
ReplyDeleteYour Bleeding Heart is so pretty. I don't think mine survived. I think some animal trampled it last fall.
ReplyDeleteYou have so many fun scrappy projects in progress. Definitely happiness!
The Bleeding Hearts look so vibrant! Your scrap projects look wonderful too! Today was so warm but it's already cooling off. Summer is on the way but not here yet.
ReplyDeleteBleeding hearts are such a favorite of mine and they have started! I'm waiting till Mother's Day for marigolds, too.
ReplyDeleteYour bleeding hearts are a pretty color. I sure hope my hydrangeas bloom. I'm happy to report they all have leaves, I wasn't sure what to expect. Good for Tom, getting out there and doing his own lawn work. And good for you to make another lap around the field.
ReplyDeleteFun projects underway - I do love the scrappy look.
ReplyDeleteSeeing your bleeding hearts made me miss our garden.