About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, April 27, 2024

FLOWERING, et al

 

My magnolia tree has really bloomed beautifully this year;
I noticed that as the blooms begin to fade, they
turn a peachy color on the edges--so pretty!!
And so far no deer have eaten my blooms;)))

More flowering:
I have begun making another
snowball piece--
this time using cream flowered
fabrics for the snowballs...
I love this different look;)))

and
Here are the first two of a new
flowery "109 Little Squares" piece...
↧↧↧
Using cut offs [1.5" sqs]
 of flowered fabrics
for the crosses in this one...

It must be Spring in the air that makes me
  want
to use these
flowered fabrics...;)))
💚💛💜💙
***************************
We had a lovely, sunny day here; now
the skies are clouded over in
preparation for the coming rains...

Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(cutting-flowered-fabrics-euse)






8 comments:

  1. Reading "Absolute Truths"
    by Susan Howatch part of the Starbridge series...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Magnolia tree in bloom. I only see a few trees with flowers that big around here.
    I have been itching to pull out my floral fabrics too. I have the design figured out, I just need to do the cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowery Snowballs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your magnolia tree is beautiful. Ours has not bloomed yet. Don't you just love the smell of the flowers ? Your blocks look amazing . Great use of the white scraps .Enjoy your day, Julierose. I hope the weather stays pleasant and there are no storms. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful floral fabric for your Snowballs, yes, it does give a different look, always nice to change things up a little now and then. Same goes with your littlw squares, love the little pieces of cream with a little peep of flower here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh, on two fronts - your beautiful magnolia AND the latest snowball block. I love the scrappy look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your magnolia tree is so pretty, Julierose. Lovely quilt blocks, I really like the centers of the snowballs.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.