About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, April 22, 2024

FINALLY, FINALLY A FLIMSEY--a short addendum

 

I decided that I needed some kind of border on this one....
I had used up almost EVERY tiny bit of this
lovely cherry fabric; 
one of my
favorite fabrics of all time....
I found it curled up in my binding leftovers box....
[a Jan Patek fabric]

NOW....
 all I have left are these
two little "bits"
⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
I had to cobble together what was left
of that original binding fabric to make
the fabric  
S  T  R  E  T  C  H
around the perimeter;)))
πŸ‘ΊπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘Ώ

AND.....
you can also see that I had to cut
the wider strips in half to
make it around....the
last two sides....

P H E W !!
BUT....
I do love how this sets off my
"Scrappy Snowballs".
πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œ

File under: 
"Making Do"
πŸ’‹πŸ’˜

Hugs, from sunny CT,
Julierose
La Blageuse
(using-it-all-up!!)





8 comments:

  1. Still looking for a good book--;000
    in the meantime, in between time-- I am re-reading:
    "Devices and Desires" by P.D. James and again finding that she
    is a fabulous author--great writing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The border is perfection! It frames and finishes withour being distracting.

    Books if you're doing rereads, do you like Elizabeth George/ Lynley crimes series? How about Deborah Crombie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet scrappy quilt. So glad you were able to use your Jan Patek fabric. It is gorgeous. Well done. Have a wonderful day, Julierose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why the cherry fabric is one of your favorites. It looks great as the border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES YES YES! The border is MOST excellent and your finish is wonderful. I love snowballs but your scrappy version is even more fun than any I've made in the past. Saving your approach for my future scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cherry border looks great. You did very well in using up that last bit of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for using the cherries "to the last bite." Wonderful assortment of flowers and birds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now adding the border was the best idea, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.