About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, March 7, 2026

JELLY ROLL JIVE (JRJ) PROGRESS, et al

 


I have the first 6 rows of JRJ sewn together....

I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but I have
been a bit under the weather and still have
some lingering symptoms and that awful
"brain fog"!! Making operating any
machinery a bit of a challenge...
πŸ‘ΏπŸ˜•

I do like how it is looking a lot!! ;))

ROSE'S  jelly roll tutorial is 
really wonderful and easy to follow;
(click to go to her blog)
and
look πŸ‘€
what I received in the mail
today from her:
Her own leftovers from her 
Aneela Hoey jelly roll quilt for
me to use with my AH jelly roll;
all precut into squares and 
binding strips...
and 
two cute little Stilettos;)))

Thank you so much Rose;
what a generous gift;))))
I can't wait to start this one...
πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

***********************
And on the Paper Crafting scene:

I am coming to the end of my
Pita Box Junque Journal  Vol. 2
and
so I decided to make myself 
a Vol. 3 from another saved
TJ's Pita Cracker Box:

Here it is opened up...

[it has 3 signatures this time,
 as I found in Vol 2, 
which had four signatures,
it just  got too "chunky" 
to work comfortably in....]

Very "La Vie En Rose" vibes to this one...

Front Cover featuring an old piece of 
piano sheet music background 
entitled
"Love here in the Starlight hour..."
πŸ‘„πŸ’πŸ’‹
and the back cover with more of the
music:
You have to love those old,
sentimental lyrics of that era...

I thought the roses fitted in very well
with my theme....

So, it will be waiting for me when
I've used up Volume 2....
πŸ’“πŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸ’˜

A N D ...

What's in the Wok??????
FOR......our
Saturday Night's Dinner:
I am making my Chinese Flank Steak Stir Fry;
with peppers, onions, and water chestnuts ; 
which will be served over steamed rice...

I have prepared all the ingredients ahead
of time so it's just a matter of doing
my stir fry cooking in the wok.....

I hope you having a great weekend....
Hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(sewing-paper-crafting-cooking-euse)












 

12 comments:

  1. Jelly roll Jive looks great. It is coming right along. What a nice gift to share the Anela Hoey leftovers. I remember that line because I bought the pink colorway and used it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose is so generous! I love the Jelly Roll Jive quilt. Your journal is so fun to see. I love the musical additions. Your dinner sounds great. I think we're getting takeout! Nice and easy for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jelly roll is looking great! I do love blues. Dinner sounds yummy. My kitchen sink/faucet are currently being replaced (well, we were changing the faucet.... and it turned into a 4 hour production, so far!) Two trips to Lowes and Aidan got scripted into helping so he is putting the pins in for the new sink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the look of your JRJ project, Julierose! Those blues are so pretty with the floral squares. And what a fun treat to get that pretty fabric from Rose, too. Your dinner sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work on the JRJ project. And having the next volume ready for your junque journaling makes a lot of sense. Hope your brain fog lifts sooner instead of later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JRJ is looking good. How nice to get some extra pieces for your next version.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wok - I always use a large skillet I just don't have room in the kitchen for one more large pan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy fabrics as a gift AND yummy stir fry. Kick that bug to the curb. Hope you're back to 100 percent soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your JRJ project is really nice, love the added squares. Such great gift / fabric from Rose. Love your journals, Julierose! Music notes, roses and old photos, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are making lovely progress on your JRJ. You recieved a stack of beautiful fabric from your friend. The journal is so pretty. I love the music sheet addition. I used to have a wok many many years ago. Your dinner sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great progress on Jelly Roll Jive, Julierose. Such a pretty selection of blues you are working on. I just love seeing your progress on your journals. You are so inspiring and keep me motivated. I just sewed in the signatures in a new journal myself made from Subway bags. I am thinking a strawberry or butterfly themed journal. Such pretty ephemera that you are working with. Have a fabulous week and I hope you are feeling better. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're making great progress on your JRJ - despite not feeling the best. And I'm looking forward to seeing your new journal evolve too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.