About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

HAND, HAND, FINGERS, THUMB

Here's Step One of my new handwork project--I retired the hexies for a respite--and am taking a huge, deep breath and starting a Jan Patek applique kit...
And 
Step two:  still okay (breathe...relax your hands....)why does applique make me sooo anxious????

AND:
(Sorry for the wonky shot)--ready to baste all the 1/4" turn unders and then apply to the house this afternoon while watching the Red Sox.   


Here is a picture of the kit:--you can see that my "Y-seam (above pix) at the peak got cut off!  (Sigh--only so much fabric...) (never done one of those before...)sooo, it will definitely be a wonky old house, but mine, warts and all.  

What I like best about this picture is the bird on the flower--so cute and primitive...and so it goes.. yours in wonkiness....Julierose, La Blageuse




9 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I find applique very forgiving. I'm sure it will come out fine! Looks good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julie,
    your wonky farmhouse looks beautiful. You are right, the bird is so cute, and I hope it'll sing and the sping will come soon.
    Have a nice week and take care
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big Jan Patek fan. Nice smaller piece. I like how you describe it as "warts and all".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodmorning Julierose, Have fun watching those Sox! we are Red Sox and Giant fans here in Reno. Love any quilt with a house theme.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your house. I'm doing Craftsy repiecing the past class and one of the blocks has a house, I can't wait for that one. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing great on your applique - just keep doing it, and you will become more confident and less tense!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love wonky houses anyway - much more character than perfect ones....;o) Your kit looks wonderful, I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely block and well done with the applique. Remember; practice makes perfect ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the naive country patterns and your house is really nice, makes me want to make one myself.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.