And
Step two: still okay (breathe...relax your hands....)why does applique make me sooo anxious????
AND:
(Sorry for the wonky shot)--ready to baste all the 1/4" turn unders and then apply to the house this afternoon while watching the Red Sox.
Here is a picture of the kit:--you can see that my "Y-seam (above pix) at the peak got cut off! (Sigh--only so much fabric...) (never done one of those before...)sooo, it will definitely be a wonky old house, but mine, warts and all.
What I like best about this picture is the bird on the flower--so cute and primitive...and so it goes.. yours in wonkiness....Julierose, La Blageuse
This is adorable! I find applique very forgiving. I'm sure it will come out fine! Looks good so far!
ReplyDeleteHello Julie,
ReplyDeleteyour wonky farmhouse looks beautiful. You are right, the bird is so cute, and I hope it'll sing and the sping will come soon.
Have a nice week and take care
Roswitha
I am a big Jan Patek fan. Nice smaller piece. I like how you describe it as "warts and all".
ReplyDeleteGoodmorning Julierose, Have fun watching those Sox! we are Red Sox and Giant fans here in Reno. Love any quilt with a house theme.
ReplyDeleteKat
I love your house. I'm doing Craftsy repiecing the past class and one of the blocks has a house, I can't wait for that one. Yours looks great.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great on your applique - just keep doing it, and you will become more confident and less tense!
ReplyDeleteI love wonky houses anyway - much more character than perfect ones....;o) Your kit looks wonderful, I love the colours!
ReplyDeleteLovely block and well done with the applique. Remember; practice makes perfect ;)!
ReplyDeleteLove the naive country patterns and your house is really nice, makes me want to make one myself.
ReplyDelete