About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, March 22, 2013

RAINDANCE, LONG AGO (Orange Edition)

Still using up my orange scraps; made four of these" babies"
using my Southwestern theme: (When I started  Sherri-Lyn's (daintytime.net)
Mod Mood tutorial, I had learned how to free-cut wedges and sew them together.  (Note to self--take out that UFQ and get on with it!!) 


Just randomly cut, no templates.

AND:  here I am starting to put all these various pieces together into a small wallhanging:

I plan to applique those head/foot dresses and the background (hard to see here) will be a light peach color....

Think I want warmer weather to come?????(LOL!)
Ai-yai-yai!  Muy, muy caliente!! Hot, Hot, Hot!!

I kind of enjoy figuring out this quilt top (lotsa measuring and trimming!).

I have "Hello Dolly" in the dryer--all snippety-doo-dahed!  Fingers crossed.  Hope it comes out okay...

Longing for Spring (tra-la)  

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse

15 comments:

  1. Love this! Love how it's all our own design as you go along. I've got to try doing that. It's definitely out of my comfort zone but that's a good thing! Can't wait to see it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julie,
    what a wonderful Raindance, it looks great and I think it will be a beautiful wall hanging. The orange fabrics are very nice, I love them all. I'm very interesting to see it all done.
    Thank you for your lovely comment.
    Have a nice weekend and take care
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful - I love your orange arcs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful - I love your orange arcs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Raindance is awesome. I can almost feel the sunshine, and I'm in here in the air-conditioning with the curtains closed. I can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful orange arcs. Love your orange fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your orange scraps are looking very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Julierose, very creative and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your orange blocks...great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have wonderful orange fabrics - love your Raindance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so unique - what fun watching your project evolve! I'm looking forward to seeing the next step.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! Great colors! I was just thinking the other day that oranges are so hard to find, and you have so many :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the hot hot hot colors! looking great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this orange and teal a lot. Makes we want to try something like this. Can't wait to see it all finished

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.