About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, March 29, 2013

ORANGE WE HAPPY & SCRAPPY



Here are the RSC13 March pieces I've made this month all blocked out.  They might look sewn together on the length--but they are not because..... I am now thinking that the center big piece should stand alone with a border (maybe even more scrappy orange bits) and the other two panels could be the backside.  Still planning this out. 
 I walk by it and it just doesn't look right to me....must mean that I have to re-think this one...
this Sunday is the last day of our March Challenge--I was hoping to have this together so it could become my hand quilting project.  

And here is another small arcing, snakey piece that I did also...I want to make something out of this, too....ack--too many things going on in my brain!  


And so my date with orange scraps is coming to a close....
I wonder what the April color will be????  

Sewing on ...Julierose, La Blageuse

9 comments:

  1. I love those fan blocks - they're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the curves you have going on in those arcs. Very pretty. I know how the brain goes on overload with all the ideas. I hope you can get them to a point for hand quilting soon. A beautiful project to smile down on as you work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the next colour will be green if the colour of Soscrappy's blog is any give away ;)
    I look forward with interest at how your design with your orange blocks developes. It looks very challenging. Pretty colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've certainly had an interesting (and challenging?) time with Orange Julierose. I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with these! Happy Holidays to you as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty orange fabrics. Looking forward to seeing how you use them later.
    I think we will be playing with green scraps in April : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. The central section is quite Aztec looking, love it, and the snakey crappy is really interesting, is it foundation stitched?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too many good ideas sounds like a nice problem to have. Great collection of orange.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.