About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, March 1, 2013

"MARCH"ING FORWARD FRIDAY--PROGRESS



Three rows sewn together on "Hello Dolly" (out of ten):  I have set myself a goal of one row a day...now that I have stacked the fronts, backs and batting squares, labeled them and put them in order. 

 It gets a little confusing on the back as in Row 4 there are alternating blocks (angels/snowflakes).  Will have to keep (what's left of my..)wits about me so as not to mess it up!!  


Here is a view of my cutting table with all those blocks ready to sandwich (hmm, I forgot to eat lunch...) and put in rows.










A pile of sandwiches ready to go....(HAM SALAD SOUNDS GOOD....lol)

We had tons of rainy weather this week and here's what's left of the snow looking out my sewing room window:


We are so looking forward to sitting out on our back deck this year.  Doesn't February seem like the LONGEST month--it's only 28 days, but they seem to stretch on  forever.....
Not a whole lot left (yay!!) -- I am hoping for an early Spring.  I need to see those daff-y-down dillies poking up through the earth...some color to relieve all this grey grayness!

I wish you all a super quilty weekend...hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse

6 comments:

  1. I'm so looking forward to spring too! I've had it with all this snow! You are so organized! I can't wait to see the finished quilt! I try and set daily goals also. I'm sure it will be done in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julierose,
    it's wonderful to see the results of your daily goals. It'll be a beautiful quilt.
    Today we've spring, the sun is shinning and I'm gardening.
    Have a nice weekend and take care
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Julierose. Cute quilt. Nothing like a daily goal to be able to finish. Brrrr for the snow!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our snow is coming Wednesday. I think March feels like the longest month!
    I think having a plan always gets things done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like some good sandwiches in the making..... Very cute fabrics. Green grass means spring flowers are not too far behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb A--yep! another row today; I'm afraid that green grass of Spring will be snow covered as of tomorrow--waaah--another coastal storm brewing for us. Thanks for your kind comment hugs, Julierose

      Delete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.