About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

STARRING...MY APPLIQUE STRUGGLES


Well...here it is, my first ever appliqued star.  Definitely puffy (not laying flat--aaargh!!--will quilt that out--I hope) and the points...not so much....

You can see my squared off points; and puffy center!  


RIGHT HERE....ack!!





HERE and....
..
..
..
....
HERE are the two best points...this took me about 45 minutes (*&%$######).  As I said .."warts and all" I am keeping this in the little house quilt because it is my first attempt....a little humility is good for us all...(ROTFLOL)



(Madame Rosa doesn't see too many stars in your future!!  )

And Speaking of REAL STARS:

Last night, DH surprised me with an evening at the Eastern CT Symphony to hear my former flute teacher perform a contemporary Concerto for Flute and Orchestra by Rouse.  A fabulous performance of a very difficult piece--very Gaelic which was fitting for St. Patrick's Day Eve.
We  also heard Barber's "School For Scandal"--a really lush and wonderful work (one of my favorites); and Shostakovich's 5th Symphony.  It was so fantastic to hear a "LIVE" performance.  We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves....

And so it goes...wishing you a restful Sunday afternoon...Hugs     Julierose, La Blageuse

4 comments:

  1. That's a lot better than my first hand applique attempt. Perhaps that is why I stick to machine applique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julie,
    I have to do my first hand applique attempt. During this year I'll try to do it. I think hand applique is very difficult and I admire all the ladys with her hand appliqued quilts. - It's wonderful to go to a concert.As I was a young girl I was playing fluete and piano. But now the piano is standing in the diningroom as a decoration.
    Hugs and take care
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your evening out last night sounds lovely! I'm so glad you had such a nice time. What a wonderful surprise!
    I think your star looks great! I thought the points looked really good! Don't know what you're talking about! It will look wonderful near your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to applique and will tell you the secret is to practice. When I look at my first attempts they make me chuckle. Keep going it will get better!
    Sounds like you had a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.