About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, March 18, 2013

GOOGLE...WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?????

As of July 13th Google Reader goes bye-bye!!  We could lose all of our blog friends' links and they would not be able to find us either!!  

I found that Karen in her blog today explains all the ins and outs very clearly.  

I used the Google "Takeout" feature to download all my info to a Zip File in my Downloads folder this morning (This doesn't delete the info there presently--just copies it for future use) and when another Reader Service (hopefully someone will fill that gap!!) appears, you can then upload all that info to it...This Google "Takeout" Service is only available until:

                               March 25th--!!!!

just a note to all my friends in our blogworld....tick-tock, tick-tock...

Gosh, I hate all this stuff!!  Someone ought to start a petition to Google to continue their Reader service--it seems to me that there are enough of us out there !....

Good luck ladies,  Julierose, La Blageuse 

3 comments:

  1. I agree why can't they leave well enough alone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it! I don't understand any of this, or even know what I'm doing......so changes make me crazy! I'm heading over to Karen's blog now to see if any of it makes sense. Then I'll probably need to hire a 12 year old to help me figure it out! :o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a petition going and I've already signed it. You'll find it here: http://www.change.org/petitions/google-keep-google-reader-running
    Maybe if enough people sign up, Google might change their minds, hopefully!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.