About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, April 22, 2013

DORA, DORA :Some Progress (Counted Cross Stitch Post) & HEXAGON-ORAMA


Here is the outlining border of my Sampler -- I know it doesn't look like much--BUT:  This took me 1 1/2 weeks to set up, measure and stitch (if you click on pix, you can see just how teeny-weeny those little crosses are!)

And Here is my first alphabet letter: "a" done in that yummy red--just dark enough, and not too orange-y!


Trying to find "WHERE" to begin the letter took two nights of poking, counting and putting it down and coming back!!  When I used to do needlepoint, we pre-marked our penelope canvas to aid counting; here those tiny cross threads remain blank--aaargh!

I AM enjoying the stitching a whole lot.  It is a nice change from quilting.
  
                                                   AND:

I have cut more hexies (addict, that I am!!) and am making a backer for my hexie table topper the exact same size as the original; then, I will put my pre-cut hexie batting pieces on the back of the front (LOL) and quilt the whole thang together!! (YAY for my GO! BABY cutter which cut through the batting like butter!) .  I will post pix next time--able to use some of my RSC13 scraps of green on these, too.  

My B-day is coming up and DH suggested that I get a few more dies for the GO as his gift to me.  I am ordering today!  (I am not one to shilly-shally on that offer!!). 

C'est Tout, pour aujourdhui mes amies...Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Julie,
    I think, it's very difficult to find the "right" position for the sampler. But I'm sure it will be beautiful in the end.
    Your green blocks are just so wonderful. I love green very much.
    Have a nice week and take care
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is tiny. You must have good eyes to be able to do that work! I used to do cross stitch, but it was never that small.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.