About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

AND NOW, FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.....AND a Sweetie Pie


I received this counted cross stitch sampler in the mail a few days ago.  I happened upon "The Scarlet Letter" site, saw these fantastically lovely samplers and decided to give counted cross stitch a try...

Beautiful even-weave linen, floss and inside a huge chart.  This is a real challenge for me; I have done needlepoint, stamped cross and embroidery, and crewel for many years--but never counted cross stitch.  This will be a 
L O N G  T E R M  project.  So far I have about 3/4ths of the border done--and I am finding it very relaxing and calming work.

Yesterday, we went to visit this sweetie pie:

(Sorry for the blur--she is almost always in motion!!)

I brought her a new "Dolly" .....

Mommy put a new "piggy tail" in her hair and we all had a lovely lunch together--it was her first time trying hot dogs--(Ummm...no they're not too hot; and --oh--they're not doggies"  Funny.)


Here we are snacking on Cheddar rice crackers--those we really like!!

We are just so blessed to have little Fiona in our family...

Hugs to all after a wonderful getaway day yesterday....Julierose, La Blageuse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.