About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

THANK YOU ALL! (MACHINE WOES EDITION)


A HUMUNGOUS thank you hug goes out to all my quilty friends in blogland who sent comments, emails and information and, in some cases, pictures even (!), about their sewing machines and what they like and don't like about them!  

This has been an overwhelmingly positive experience for me. It just goes to show how attached we all are to our machines--most of us even name them--they provide the means to express ourselves, after all. 

Feeling at loose ends last night, I went down in my basement storage area and pulled out my 1996 Pfaff Variamatic 6091 thinking maybe there was hope for it.. but--.nope!!  It jams and clunks and the thread jumps off the discs just like it did 2 years ago.  This was WHY I got a new machine after all--but: hope springs eternal, doesn't it? (I had brought it back twice to be repaired and spent $160 on it with no results!) (hmmmmpfh!) 

So, tomorrow I will start my journey--literally and mentally--my search for  a machine that "fits" me and my needs.  

There are just so many options out there--it is very confusing--and so, I will take my time and not "jump" into anything....I will keep you in the loop...
In the meantime/in between time....I remain your "test-driver"

 Julierose, La Blageuse  :---)))

5 comments:

  1. Take your time and check out as many machines as you can. I'm sure the right machine is out there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is possible to sew by hand... a little needle therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. I'm sure you will find the machine meant for you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep looking and good. I hope you'll find "the one"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. when I bought my "husky" years ago the shop had some to sit and sew at. this let me try it before I buy it and worked great! I loved my Husquavarna classica 90 .unfortunatlely she died last winter while I was sewing and I need to replace her. Had her since 1992ish so she lasted a long long time with being a workhorse machine.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.