About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, April 5, 2013

O! What a Tangled (Green) Web We Weave


My tabletop of green scraps awaits a spark--an idea--what to make next???


Let's try some of these...green reminds me of my Christmas Cactus (which, by the way, badly needs re-potting)...maybe some paper pieced strips is a start....


Oh--how wonderful--an actual cactus print!  Hah! (Grinning away while I sew...) 

EUREAKA!  a little germ of an idea is forming :

I really like these--what if?  What if I cut them in half?  They could be the fronds of cacti...hmmmm













And so it goes...looking, choosing, waking up @ 3 am to go and look again in the moonlight filtering in on the wall....in the quiet of night.....

I am very glad that the RSC13 for April is GREEN!! 
Happy Spring...Julierose, La Blageuse 


11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you create with the greens. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green was the color I was hoping for as I'm still surrounded by snow! I look forward to seeing what you end up with...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the green blocks! and that cactus fabric, well isnt that just fun? I was up at 3am to. we shoulda had a "sew in" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely green blocks. Im also glad its green as we need a bit of spring around here too (ok not snowing but very very cold)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your green strings. One of my favorite blocks, but I haven't been able to love making them. I sure love seeing them though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start on green. It will be fun to see how they end up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have as much fun looking at everyone's scrap fabrics as I do looking at what they end up making with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your fabrics all laid out. I'm looking forward to watching these grow this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great start to April's green RSC. Love your string blocks :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Julierose--really like your greens together. The prints give some interesting depth.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good use of your green scraps, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.