About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

TUESDAY BLUES AND TUESDAY JOYS


Today, I made the reverse for my Christmas Cactus wall hanging from these three blocks I made quite a while ago.  I really like how they came out ;--))).






Here's the very last bit of my favorite "Dancin' Crow" that I used for Fiona's play quilt...



AND....

This really old Mr. Man in the Moon print...and, and....



This Spring-ey Tulip print that I so wish I had more of.....









AND...


WHooooo 
is that peeking out???

So you can mix modern prints and oldies I guess

or at least...

I like it!!

The border is sooo vintage that lovely soft blue with the vines...

{After a tough visit to my Mom today, I needed to perk myself up---}                 and....
This did it for sure...I may even like this side better than the medallion......and....
it's just little bits and pieces and leftovers all scrapped together..
What.fun on a cold, wet, blustery, gray afternoon here in SE CT...see ya,
 hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse


5 comments:

  1. I love the way you've mixed your contemporary and vintage fabrics. Fun quilt blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it :-) It's so fun to look at all of the fabrics you have in there. Those owls are adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this quilt is loooking great. love how the little details "peek out" from the blocks.
    here's to a sunny fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed this post! Love what you're working on. You're very artistic. I could never do this. Looks like you're having lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these blocks, I find when you look at blocks like this its so fun to find surprises!
    thanks for sharing
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.