About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, August 9, 2013

FINALLY --A FINISH FOR FRIDAY

TA-DAH:  I have sewn the last hexie on the reverse of my table runner...am glad I chose greens with the pansies...and here is the front/reverse:


This, will be a Springtime table topper I think...NOW to place them together with my accuquilt pre-cut little hexie batting pieces inside and machine embroider....

Also, here is my latest idea for putting my "Sea Glass" blocks together--what do you think???   I haven't ever done cornerstones.......so this will be a measuring/learning process....




And here is a peek of my new handwork project:  I was able to use my accuquilt GO! Baby to cut all the freezer papers and then just ironed them onto the shapes--easy-peasey...love that machine.....




The big hexies are all neutrals and all the fabrics (or most all) are modern (darkish maroons, pinks and some light violets).  A real departure for me...

I am feeling better---if this darn old cough would go away and my other ear would open up!!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend...Quiltingly yours,
Julierose, La Blageuse





6 comments:

  1. So love those pansies... and the sea glass blocks look wonderful too! I think the cornerstones will be a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of goodies here. Love the cornerstones. It's a good look for that quilt. I can't wait to see the hexie goodness you are starting. Love the table runner. Looks like the bottom is more summery. You've got a 2-fer there.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad you're back and feeling better. Beautiful projects! You've been getting so much done! Looking forward to your big hexie project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! Beautiful hexies project.
    Good idea for your wonderful, colorful sea glass blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow -- your table runner is just *gorgeous*!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a pansy-lover as well! I think you new project is going to be very pretty as well. I really do need to make myself a hexie runner.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.