About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

HOME FROM THE SEA


A GEM of a cruise on this baby!  Seven carefree days with: no cooking, no cleaning
and no worries; no tv, no news, no papers-- just sailing .... what a delightful way to celebrate my 71st birthday--sailing off to Nassau....

this lovely bouquet greeted us in our stateroom and.....................

This scrumptious snack  is a sample of what we received every afternoon for "Tea".

As the boat is 1,000 feet long and were were in an aft suite, and the buffet was in the bow--we surely walked at least one mile each day--and much more doing what
we came to dub as the "stairmaster" climbing back and forth over some 13 floors....
No extra weight dared to come visit me!! (YAY)

We are still getting our "land legs" under us as the last 2 days were very rough--10-12 foot swells and very windy.  Even my intrepid DH who never gets seasick had to use one of my "patches"!!  

But, in the end--there is really no place like home--and good old solid (!) Mother Earth beneath our feet.  

We are still in that post vacation "brain fog" and a little weary, but very grateful for our lovely trip.  More pix later....
Hugs Julierose, La blageuse Sail---euse


7 comments:

  1. Oh, it sounds like you had such a lovely vacation! I can't wait to hear more about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated birthday! what a grand way to celebrate! cant wait to hear more of your sea adventures. sounds like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're back! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased that you enjoyed your special birthday cruise and waiting to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to celebrate... Happy Belated Birthday!
    So nice to hear you had a wonderful time on the cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy belated birthday - I love cruising too - this looks really wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Home! Can't wait to see the pics.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.