About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, December 13, 2015

SLOWLY



WORKING SLOWLY ON GRIEF CLOTH TODAY....

                              THESE TWO HEARTS REPRESENT MOM AND DAD-
                                                 -DEEP ROOTING BACK TO THE EARTH
(They are joined together once more...) I used Jude Hill's "wrap stitch"....on these...

AND 


THIS REPRESENTS ME, MOVING ON....I will be linking up with Kathy....

This afternoon I also finished pin basting all of the blocks for Steven's quilt--all 20 --onto
needle punched batting; now ready to "Quilt-as-you-Go" on them....


Phew--that was a back breaker...but they're ready...tomorrow I will set up my machine for quilting with Helga's Walking Foot

                  ("put your little foot, put your little foot, put your little foot right there..."
                                     another entry in SONGS FOR ALL OCCASIONS ! LOL)

AND HERE ARE MY LATEST TWO Circles of {My} Life..
.My Grand-mere was a "Rose" also,  and my Great Grand-mere was "Julie"--hence Julierose...I love that Mom and Dad put those two names together for me...I can still hear them calling me in french :"Juuulie--with the accent on the Juuu..." Sweet memories....



Hugs to all
Julierose, La blageuse  ( Memento Mori-euse)

8 comments:

  1. Love that flowers are booming in your life right now. Hoping you are smiling with all those memories as you stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grief cloth is so beautiful - what a lovely way to be with your memories of your mum and dad. I really like that wrap stitch - it looks so lovely and tactile.
    Have fun with your quilt-as-you-go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how your name came about. My Mom was going to name me after my dad. Charles or Charleen. then after I was born she said I didnt look like a Charleen so looked in a baby book and saw Dawn, a new beginning. isnt that cool? hugs to you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your floral circles. Hopeful signs of spring to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your grief cloth is helping you through the process. The first year is so hard, especially after years of devoted care, just expanding into the empty space the caring took is hard.
    I love your circles & am not eager to see your quilt-as-you-go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Julie Rose !! (With my French accent !!)
    Les coeurs représentant tes parents sont extraordinaires !! I adore them !
    And you know, you have a poetic soul !
    Tes cercles sont aussi très beaux !
    Bonne journée !

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy! Love what you're working on and pleased to see you seem to be in the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.