About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

JOYEUX NOEL


OUR LOCAL MIDDLE SCHOOL FRENCH CLASS MADE THESE WREATHS
              AS A FUND RAISER THIS YEAR. IN REMEMBRANCE OF THE
                                                       TRAGEDY IN PARIS....and

Our next door neighbor's daughter is in that class group, so we decided to purchase one from her....

Isn't this lovely?  And then the class  also decorated them....we just really love it....

As I am really not in any mood to be putting up a tree this year after Mom's death--
this is just enough and perfect for us....
their card read:

                                                                 "JOI ET PAIX"
                                                                   Joy and Peace

How perfect is that.....I couldn't imagine hanging it outside, so it is on the wall adjacent to our kitchen so we can enjoy it there.....I just love the smell of fresh pine boughs....

I will be taking a bit of a break on the blog here ....I will be continuing on Steven's quilt--only
five more blocks to go before I can begin quilting....

And will continue my handworks....and my Circles of {My} Life....and hopefully
"Mr and Mrs Turkey Lurkey" will make an appearance soon....

hugs to you all--be back in a bit....hugs, and hold your loved ones close in these perilous times....
Julierose, La Blageuse (grateful-euse)

9 comments:

  1. I will be checking on ya from time to time. it is the time of year with tons of projects and things to do. love your wreath. it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy and Peace. Beautiful. What more could we want?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby has been talking about getting a premier to carry, just in case

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all is well and that lots of great memories will make you smile this season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let us know how you're doing! You'll be missed! Lovely wreath! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you happy and peaceful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joie et Paix ! Si seulement c'était vrai pour tous les hommes sur terre !!
    Ta couronne est très belle !
    Big hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely sentiment, and the wreath is fabulous. Your package should arrive today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is this the first Christmas after your Mother's death? If so, go through the motions as much as you can, it really will help. The wreath is just enough & what a lovely message -- Joy and Peace.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.