About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

BACKING FABRICS

I have chosen the three fabric slices for the back of Steven's Quilt:  this is just a sample layout--it is not sewed together as yet....

the top and bottom are this lovely classic leather-bound books print set up in library style:

I  {heart} this fabric and have been saving (hoarding!lol) it for a special project...I cut it half
and will place 1/2 on the top and one on the bottom...

and in between is this lovely:

 Old fountain Pens on a lovely swirl-ey gray background with names of Authors in script (another stashed print)

Ray Bradbury, and













Arthur Conan Doyle and many others.....love this fabric.....

And for the two sides :
I had this baby in dark gray in my meager solids stash...(yes,
people, Julierose does have a few solids ;--000)

I love that deep, dark color--it almost looks blue here, but it is really mostly grayish with a blue undertone....

I will start on sewing this together tomorrow....

And when someone asks me: "what will you use this fabric for?" and I answer: "Oh, I just loved it,{silence} I really don't know yet" and any non-quilters give me that look..
.and you all have gotten that look, I am sure.....

here is the reason why I surf the internet fabric shops and buy fabrics just because I love them....;--)))

 And that's the TRUTH!!

As for my walking--NOPE--not yesterday and not today--just too dang cold and windy out there--especially by the Ocean where we love to walk the boardwalk, which is now 1.5 miles roundtrip
and in the Spring it will have been extended to be a 2 mile trip....

Maybe, if this bitter cold lets up tomorrow and Mr. Sun graces us with his presence, we will go
for a walk.
 And tomorrow will also be a trip to the grocery store for me....and

So it goes my week --the New Year has begun with its daily rounds.....

Hugs and stay warm if you are in this cold spell....if not, well, I'll just have to envy you hahaha

Julierose, La Blageuse  (backing-euse)


9 comments:

  1. I don't think you could have chosen more perfect fabrics for the back of the Spider Web quilt, he's going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the book fabric to make one of the daughters a shopping bag. She lives in a downtown area and they walk to the grocery store several blocks away almost every day. Love the fountain pens with the signatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt backing. I am sure we are not as cold but cold enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I am drooling over these fabrics.
    I am an avid reader and hoarder of books and love to write..so both fabrics speak to me.
    As for people looking at you oddly….just know they are the ones who don't understand…those poor souls, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when i take the train to baltimore, we cruise along the CT coastline and it's the prettiest part of the trip! i briefly lived in norwich eons ago so not far from groton...my fave part of winter is sea smoke....breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those fabrics are so fabulous, how could you NOT have bought them?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful fabric - perfect for the back! It is getting cold here too - we had snow and wind today, but alas, no boardwalk.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.