COURTHOUSE STEPS...
I dug deep into my shelf piles; and found a few more Calico-
looking fabrics... and added those to the "lights" pile.
I guess that is what I really want more of-- calicoes-type
fabrics......not on white so much, as on a lightly tinted
background...(like 1980-90's style fabrics I guess);
these above were mostly of a "peach" coloration,
but since this is a scrappy quilt (and king size!!)
I will take what I can find...
And, since this is going to be (hear me, going to be!! hahaha)
king sized-- I think I will be able to
spread around the differing colorways
(she says hopefully;000)
**********************************
And
As in the food dept: catch-as-catch-can tonight:
BBQ'ued boneless pork ribs
done in the oven with Sweet Baby Ray's sauce and
potato salad --will be our dinner..
*****************************
Status on BJ's food delivery:
My BJ's list got smaller and smaller as they are out of stock of
a LOT on my list..
so today I will receive :
Potatoes, onions, saltines and jelly beans...(my own little treat).
that's all....
I will have to get very creative, right??
Seems ridiculous to have just these delivered...but they were
right out of a lot of things...;((((
I also have a cart at Big Y--but that won't be shopped until
Saturday...hopefully...
if this continues I will become another
masked and gloved shopper in the early morning...
despite the stricture that over 70's should not go out...
what can you do??
Take care,
Julierose, La Blageuse (still waiting on grocery deliveries-euse) ;000

Beautiful'liberated'piecing.
ReplyDeleteYour dinner sounds delicious.
I'm getting use to a smaller keyboard so word spacing might be a little off. We've moved back to NorCal. More relaxed here.
Wish I could help you with the food. We are eating elk burgers from the yearling my husband harvested last fall. I also wish you lived next door, I have my mother's stash of calicos from the 1990s in a box downstairs that I could pass over the fence.
ReplyDeleteLovely little blocks - I like how the bits of turquoise sing out.
ReplyDeleteTeal fabrics in different shdes have been on my radar the last couple years. Looks nice in your log cabin blocks.
ReplyDeleteI love these blocks! Great colors! I'm getting tired of cooking with what I have hanging around the house. So hard to plan a decent meal.
ReplyDeleteYour blocks are beautiful; I again offer to look for useful pale calicos.
ReplyDeleteThe food situation is so odd. I too have the notion that sooner or later I'll have to brave the store--despite high risk autoimmune issues], tho I am blessed with younger healthy friends who again brought food today. I am so grateful, esp as my friend knows how much I rely on fresh veggies as the main focus of my meals. She apologized for subbing frozen Trader Joe asparagus, but of course I was thrilled.She stood in line outdoors at Trader Joe's for well over an hour. I don't think I could stand there that long, w my hip issues. I am very fortunate. I wish I could share with you somehow.
much love
lizzy
Oh no! Sorry to hear about the food orders.... so wish you lived near and I'd load you up. Pretty blocks.
ReplyDeleteI like your blocks. Yeah on the food front creativity is the trend. We had cheeseburgers on toast no buns and 3 bean salad cause i had canned beans. Was good. Now potatoes onion,saltines....a scalloped potato and ham dish with saltine topper??? Jacky and i were laughing about a water pie recipe online
ReplyDeleteI miss those 80s and 90s type of calico fabrics. I always seem to be looking for them. I have actually found that if you go to the supermarket right at the end of the senior time it tends to be pretty empty. You could also try a rainy day. People tend to stay home then. I wish I could help. Also look for a local Facebook group. There is one here on LI where high school students are advertising that they will shop for you. It doesn't hurt to try it.
ReplyDeleteThe grocery situation is crazy. We had to wait four days for a pickup slot at Walmart. It was worth the wait though because our local grocery has priced eggs at $3.99 a dozen--Walmart was 99 cents per dozen. Other items are the same. Lots of items we put on our list at Walmart are sold out by the time we get to our pickup slot, though. Very frustrating when you try to plan a meal! Love your courthouse blocks--keep up the sewing and stay healthy!
ReplyDeleteLoving your courthouse step blocks!The little 'pops' of teal are very eye catching!
ReplyDeleteI love those blocks and they will make a lovely king sized quilt. How many will it take? I wish I had some calico neutrals to send you. I don't think I'm ever going to get my stash / scraps organized and orderly.
ReplyDeleteI just love the colors you've chosen with the teal.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are getting a good grocery delivery. We are still visiting stores about once/week; the county we live in and the county where we shop still have very few cases. Last time we went there was better choice of things, so we are pretty well supplied. (I hope that wasn't an over-confident statement!)
I'm so sorry that your food delivery isn't working out as you had hoped. A woman cannot live on jelly beans alone (but interesting that they were available). I braved the grocery store this week and was surprised at what they had and what they didn't have. It was quite obvious that any fruits and vegs that were loose were pretty much staying on the shelf - I guess people were afraid to touch them. Many of the other items in the store were obviously in short supply and signs were up asking people to limit themselves to one or two of everything.
ReplyDelete