About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, May 18, 2020

BASKETS AND SNOWBALLS

                    The bottom 3 blocks are this weekend's works.....

I have been slowing down to allow my back to heal and taking 
frequent rests from sitting at my machine....

Today I was able to prep 6 more handle parts to prepare for some
sewing later on this week....

************************************

And here are the           ⥥⥥⥥⥥





next two 

Merry Month of May
 blocks....




And the following three
 so that I am  now caught up to today's block

                                         so 18 of these done so far...

12 more to go for 30; and on the 31st, I hope to have received the 
sashing fabric I have ordered; although these days, who knows???

******************************
Tomorrow I have to go food shopping, so it will be an early wake up call for
senior hours; hoping I can sleep tonight.....aren't we all just so weary these
days????

Stay safe-- despite the many openings this week;0000

Julierose, La blageuse ( weary-euse)



15 comments:

  1. I find it so funny that our grocery store senior hours are 5 - 6 a.m. when I finally got to the point I allow myself to sleep until 7. I found out that there is rarely anyone in the store at 8 p.m. so that is when I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband goes shopping early and likes it because there's no line and that is only at Trader Joe's ( a local specialty market). The other big chain markets don't have lines.

    Your blocks look great, good progress.
    I hope your back gets better soon! I bruised my ribs a couple of weeks ago and I'm just now beginning to feel like my old self. That kind of stuff takes a while to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard to let things rest when you want to sew. I have a quilt in the frames that I could quilt on all day but I know my shoulder would suffer and sometimes the carpel tunnel stuff makes my hands go numb so I have to just quilt in increments. This morning I'll make a little more progress and then let everything rest again. The baskets are turning out so cute, how big of a quilt is that going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Special hours are fine but the uber-early ones are kind of a pain for those of us who no longer rise early to go to work. Like Wanda, we're picking less-busy times for the grocery store but using the 9-10 hours at Costco.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sweet blue baskets--the teacup background is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are moving right along on both the baskets and the snowballs. Both are going to make nice quilts. I hope your sashing fabric arrives on time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The baskets and snowballs are looking great! Good luck with the shopping. I noticed that everything is in stock again, despite what the news reports are saying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful projects! The teacup fabric is adorable! I hope you feel better soon!

    When things get back to normal, if ever, we should do a little Baskets block swap!

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful blocks! I love your fabrics too! Love the teacups! I hope your back is better. Good luck at the market tomorrow. I hate getting there so early. It makes me anxious!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you're still struggling with your back, at least you are still able to work a little on your projects, good luck with groceries!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh, I like your baskets a lot. They are made from a fun combination of fabrics. Your snowballs look wonderful, too. I tried to scroll back through your posts to read about your back. I'm sorry it's giving you pain and hope it feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did the grocery run bright and early yesterday morning too - always a huge relief when it's over. Like you I don't sleep much the night before. I'm liking your PJ baskets and am always curious to see what fun fabric you find for the May blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your basket blocks, Julierose! That is a neat way to make them?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take care of yourself.your blocks are so cute.cant wait to see the finishes. Especially the BAD one. I am on a roll with mine too.shopping is a pain. I am an early riser so no problem for me.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.