About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, May 29, 2020

COOL, CLEAR WATER

 Well, it is now 8:55 and about 1/2 hour ago they broke the pipe that
brings water to our house...
So we are without water until they FIND the break;0000

The Association's Water Company has been replacing all of our pipes since before
the Pandemic--
They had to stop operations for 3 weeks during the worst
stretch of the Pandemic
                              and have just begun work again...

                       As you can see, this is right at the end of our driveway
                              which enters the cul-de-sac where we are situated...
                               

We had just planted all those bushes last year...I am hoping they don't have to DIG
THEM UP!!!

that's the news from here today....

My washing machine was 1/2 way through its cycle also--got out the
manual and found how to stop it mid-stream (hahaha--pun intended ) .

All this broo-haha began at 6 a.m. when they arrived on site...
*****************************************
SO--I have made myself a Frothed coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 --
a precious commodity these days and am eating my yogurt and
frozen peaches...while watching two very brave
men IN THE HOLE while two "snorts" dig right BESIDE them!!

We are always saying nothing ever happens here and no one really
even  drives by that much---
BE CAREFUL what you say---right???

~ ~ ~ waving while lifting my spoon full of yogurt 
Julierose, La Blageuse (watching-euse) ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€




18 comments:

  1. I hope there is a happy ending to your water story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes life can be turned upside down!
    Yes, I hope the workmen get it all fixed soon.
    Yogurt and peaches sounds like a good breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awful. Nothing worse than no water. Will they fix it today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Things happen... but they should have known where all the pipes are....and should have a camera on a line they can put through to 'find' the leak or break. (Sorry, Dad was a civil engineer and was COO of the town water system...and I fielded a lot of calls while I lived at home!) I hope they have it resolved soon and fixed. Unfortunately, you will need to be on a boil water notice once the pipe is fixed for a while. Hope you have safe water available to drink in storage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I so hope they do not damage your beautiful landscaping. Yogurt and peaches so delish...I've been on a grapefruit and cottage cheese kick lately. Time to mix it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so sorry. I hope they have things fixed up for you soon. It is so hard to go without water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, do hope your pipes get fixed quickly. You really can't get by without precious water can you. We had a power cut the other night, and you always wonder just how long these things will last. We had to go to bed in the dark, no bedtime reading that night! Luckily it was fixed in an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have water to drink at least until its fixed. Been there done that here too. Not fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some excitement it would be better to live without... Hope your water has been reconnected by now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is not how you want to start the day. Hope it is sorted out quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope it is finished soon and your bushes make it unscathed! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oy, laundry stopping mid-stream. Uffda. I hope you enjoy your frothed coffee (maybe you should have a second?!) and that the water issue is fixed quickly and without too much disruption!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You definitely need a frothed coffee! Hope things go smoothly and you can finish the wash soon. And that the landscape remains undisturbed. Best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you deserved that coffee! Hopefully all is fixed now and without any damage to your property.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your water crisis didn't last too long! It will be very sad if they need to remove your shrubs--they look so nice. I've just planted some this spring and I'm worried about deer eating them--didn't even think about possible excavation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope all has been resolved by the time you read this post, what a thing to happen, no water and fingers crossed your bushes were saved.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.