About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, March 23, 2015

VISIT TO ANOTHER "CITY"


Block No. 1 of Tula Pink City's 100.............................
I have to say that I am not really a pictorial person after looking at this block for what seems
FOREVER!! I found it difficult to put together .(duh!! being a super "Verbal"  person--not to mention my verbosity*, lol).

If you peek across the very top of the right hand page you can see that I taped little pieces of "MY" fabric choices in order to keep it straight!

At the very beginning we are told that the blocks will finish at 6.5" when put together--WELL,
so much for THAT! Mine are just able to be trimmed to 6".
  Now either my cutting AND/OR
that danged 1/4" thingey are off or....or.....well--who knows--So, 99 others will have to be 6"
I am not repeating this one.  Most likely it's something i did--surely it is....

I am challenging myself to figure the cutting instructions and the "putting together visuals" for the entire book's blocks. What would you do?

Stay tuned to see if I just shelve this into the UFO drawer or "MAKE" myself do it!! LOL

My Monet's City will be making a comeback during the Summer months--as I like to do hand sewing on our deck (now ice covered to the depth of about 6"!!) and sip iced tea and kind of wool gather....
the hexagons allow me to do that.  Whereas, I can see that these blocks take intense concentration.
at least pour moi!! ;--000
(*No "MUTE MONDAY" here....)

hugs julierose, La Blageuse
P.S.  what is it they say?  "Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there...???"

9 comments:

  1. I finally was able to sit for a bit on the terrace today! First day of sun in what seems months. Hopefully it is coming your way. I am making log cabins so far the first three blocks are the same size. Not sure what size they are suppose to be but as long as they all are the same I am good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabrics. There are no instructions for the blocks? Sounds like the Farmer's wife blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sitting outside, stitching up hexies. Hope you get out there sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your pinks are so pretty. I know what you mean. sometimes a skooch off with lots of seams makes a block off. I like to use my personal measurements as long as I am consistent it doesn't matter. that is why I like to follow my own pattern with inspiration from others as I call it. less stressful that way.lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!!!! I´ve finished all 100 blocks and even sewn them together. Just the quilting remains! I choosed to sew "The City Planner", which is in the end (almost) of the book! I had a lot of fun, sewing these blocks and I´m sure you will too :)
    Gun

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fabrics, the tape is a great idea. It will be interesting to see what you decide to do with this project.

    Hoping you get warmer weather soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Julie ! Je crois que tu te souviendras de cet hiver 2015 !! Ton bloc est joli !! C'est tiré de quel livre ?
    Gros bisous !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your deck sounds like a great place in the summer. Right now my back patio is a giant bird feeder. We get to watch the birds - of all kinds - up close while we have breakfast. It's one thing that similar from our home in CA. Hope you get out there really soon.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a few of those in my scrap bags

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.