About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, March 8, 2015

SNOWY SUNDAY; COLD FEET EDITION


Are your feet always C O L D?  Mine sure are.  So this afternoon, in honor of Slow Stitching Sunday, I have cast on for a pair of socks for myself. 

 It took me a while to recall just how to work on DPN's (double pointed needles) so that my stitches weren't all twisted but resulted in knitting in the round -- been many years...but it came back to me!!  YAY!! 

I love this variegated yarn..browns, blues, turquoises,,,and I am making them roomy so that 
my tootsies can breathe in bed.  These will be bed socks....

and isn't this an adorable Ditty Bag?? I purchased it from Lowland Originals...online. 

I want to make some bigger ones for my knitting projects.  I like the drawstring because there are no zips, snaps or straps to get in the way of pulling your yarn to knit....

I am now watching the first televised RED SOX  (hah, socks  knitting while watching the SOX!!) Spring-Training  game on tv. ;--)))

that MUST mean that Spring is coming right??? Couple with "Springing" Ahead for Daylight
Savings time last night--we can at least hold out hope for warmer weather....
hugs from Julierose La Blageuse knit - euse

16 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one that wore socks to bed. LOL Spring is late but that's ok it just gives you more time to knit! Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy looking sock yarn! I have rather a large assortment of sock yarns, and I like to knit socks, but I don't like to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that we lost that hour but it does make spring seem like it's coming! Did you get snow? We just got flurries. I'm cold too! You'll love your socks! I love knitting socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty yarn. Can't wait to see your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, my feet are always cold.:) Great idea to make yourself some warm socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES warmer weather please. we will have major flooding here once this all melts. and we are on a river. can you say OH NO........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mais oui !! Quelle excellente idée que de tricoter des chaussettes quand il fait si froid....Je suis certaine que tes pieds vont apprécier !!!
    Gros bisous Julie la tricoteuse ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to learn to knit socks, but the double pointed needles scared me off. Your yarn is so pretty--you will have a lovely pair of bed socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen--DP needles are no different--if you worry about dropping
      stitches off the back ends just use stoppers--I did when I first began. Socks don't usually have that many stitches and you soon get used to holding all three needles the safe way.
      Give it a try--I use bamboo or wooden DP needles as they seem to hold onto the stitches better than the metal or plasti slipperier (is that a word??) ones. Hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  9. That is yummy yarn. Love your knitting bag. Hope spring comes to you soon. We are having a lovely one here. 60s during the day and it still freezes at night. (Still the potential for snow. I'm not holding my breath though.)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your socks are going to be so pretty in that yarn. I work with DPNs when making hats but I've never made socks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's all that's good about the time change, you know spring is closer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck on the socks. I bought yarn and patterns a couple of years ago to make some crochet socks (I haven't knitted since high school over forty years ago). I haven't even started them yet. Love the bowl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Cathy--My DH sweetie got me that bowl--he knows what I like...I am knitting away on them--got about 2" on the cuff done. hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  13. I need a pair or two of bed socks. My feet are always freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My parents have the remote so Red Sox games have been on in my house too. I have yarn for socks.... I really need to try making some. Must finish some projects first.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.