AND HOW SAD LOOKING IS THIS????
Soooooo....I did this :
SLEIGH BELLS RING!! Bound in snowy March........................
I even did the little label .............
Old World Santas galore.............(they look like they're saying.."and about time!! lol)
Too cold and windy and snow up to my "ying-yang" yikes!! To take a full pix outside....
But you get the idea....all 2.5" squares. And quilted on Helga with red thread.....
And next time (oh, there will be another)--love, love love, postage squares--I will put a border all around ---because catching all those seam endings in the binding was a NIGHTMARE!!
Even my piano is impressed hahaha.........................
Here you can see the off white, low volume double row border that goes all around.....and
my lovely spider plant--that likes my living room window a lot....
And so mesdames, I have my first finish of 2015 YAY!!!!
hugs to all, from
Julierose, La Blageuse fini-euse!!
Very nice. Doesn’t it feel good to finish a quilt?
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful quilt. And I'm so sad for the snow. It should have been spring by now.
ReplyDeleteFelicitations! It's a beautiful finish (and worth the effort dealing with all those seam allowances!
ReplyDeleteOh it is gorgeous! And you have a baby grand piano! Do you play.
ReplyDeletego Julie....go Julie...go Julie.....LOL thats me doing the happy dance for you. great finish my friend! love it.......those squares are addictive. ask me how I know...... :-)
ReplyDeleteJulie, il est absolument superbe !! Bravo !
ReplyDeleteJ'ai toujours voulu faire un dessus de canapé avec des petits carrés mais en flanelle ! Il faut juste que je trouve le temps ! Hihihihihi !!
Courage avec la neige..... Je suis certaine que la douceur va enfin s'installer dans le Connecticut !
Grosses bises
Your deck looks like what I'm sure ours looked like on Sunday. What a pretty quilt! And I love your label!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your first finish of 2015! I love your postage stamp quilt!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on a great finish! Love the vintage santas!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your finish! We are expecting up to 16" of snow today, so I am hoping to do some happy sewing today!
ReplyDeleteYou are a card! Just like your piano, I love your stamps - the border is so appropriate. I've gotta remember that one.
ReplyDeleteSorry about all your snow... send it to CA, they still need the moisture.
Hugs
You must be very tired of snow. We had a lousy February here in Florida. March 1st, the weather turned beautiful and has stayed that way.
ReplyDeleteLove it, I love using up scraps.
ReplyDeleteThose Santas look familiar, and they do look annoyed with the weather!
ReplyDeleteGreat finish!
Congratulations on your first finish for the year!
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love this! Just as perfect for a snowy March as it will be at Christmas.
ReplyDelete