About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, March 2, 2015

SNOWY BINDING 1st FINISH FOR 2015

AND HOW SAD LOOKING IS THIS????

Soooooo....I did this :


SLEIGH BELLS RING!! Bound in snowy March........................



I even did the little label  .............

Old World Santas galore.............(they look like they're saying.."and about time!! lol)


Too cold and windy and snow up to my "ying-yang"  yikes!! To take a full pix outside....
But you get the idea....all 2.5" squares. And quilted on Helga with red thread.....

And next time (oh, there will be another)--love, love love, postage squares--I will put a border  all around ---because catching all those seam endings in the binding was a NIGHTMARE!!  


Even my piano is impressed hahaha.........................
Here you can see the off white, low volume double row border that goes all around.....and 
my lovely spider plant--that likes my living room window a lot....

And so mesdames,  I have my first finish of 2015  YAY!!!!

hugs to all, from
Julierose, La Blageuse fini-euse!! 

16 comments:

  1. Very nice. Doesn’t it feel good to finish a quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful quilt. And I'm so sad for the snow. It should have been spring by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felicitations! It's a beautiful finish (and worth the effort dealing with all those seam allowances!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it is gorgeous! And you have a baby grand piano! Do you play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. go Julie....go Julie...go Julie.....LOL thats me doing the happy dance for you. great finish my friend! love it.......those squares are addictive. ask me how I know...... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, il est absolument superbe !! Bravo !
    J'ai toujours voulu faire un dessus de canapé avec des petits carrés mais en flanelle ! Il faut juste que je trouve le temps ! Hihihihihi !!
    Courage avec la neige..... Je suis certaine que la douceur va enfin s'installer dans le Connecticut !
    Grosses bises

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your deck looks like what I'm sure ours looked like on Sunday. What a pretty quilt! And I love your label!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your first finish of 2015! I love your postage stamp quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on a great finish! Love the vintage santas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your finish! We are expecting up to 16" of snow today, so I am hoping to do some happy sewing today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a card! Just like your piano, I love your stamps - the border is so appropriate. I've gotta remember that one.
    Sorry about all your snow... send it to CA, they still need the moisture.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must be very tired of snow. We had a lousy February here in Florida. March 1st, the weather turned beautiful and has stayed that way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those Santas look familiar, and they do look annoyed with the weather!

    Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your first finish for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love, love this! Just as perfect for a snowy March as it will be at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.