About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

TUESDAY: TA-DAAAH!!


SEE what I finished making today??? I am SOOOO psyched!

THIS  is my new knitting bag; I sent for this pattern from JENI and I have to tell you
it is so well written, easy to follow (even I can do it!--I who have just been moaning about not being able to follow patterns lol)
You can find this fantastic pattern on her website (linked above).

Here is the lining I chose (fun to use fabric you love)
In addition I learned how to box out corners and make drawstring cords neatly (!!) 
all from this pattern.  I can see that I will be making so many more of these beauties.....

Thank you Jeni for such wonderful writing and illustrations......

AND now I can start my next knitting project 

Isn't this cute?? I may make it a bit longer--we'll see....

AND my bag matches my YARN (oh be still my heart!!)
the yarn  is Cascade's Eco 2 and has such a lovely "hand"...

here is the bottom with the boxed out corners.  

(I know I am gushing--but "ME is SO Proud!!) ;--)))

{Fabrics are Joel Dewberry (birds) and I don't know what the lining is--but I like it...}


So Big Happy Hugs, from
Julierose, La Blageuse 

10 comments:

  1. Great looking bag! I really like that knitting project, too, although I would like it a lot longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bag! Cuter knitting pattern! Can't wait to see it take shape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric combination for your bag are just perfect! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your knitting bag is so pretty! love the bird fabric. and your new knitting project looks like fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty bag - LOVE your fabric choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love th e fabric in your bag, and the yarn you are going to use. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute bag! And super cute vest. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and funny post Julie !! Ton pochon est très beau et le futur gilet que tu vas te tricoter est trop trop mignon !!
    Bonne journée et gros bisous !

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should be proud, that is a lovely bag. I love the fabrics you used. And the next knitting project is so cute. Can't wait to see it in the purple.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.