About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, March 13, 2015

REMEMBER ME???

This was from RSC13--I made one in each of that year's colors..
.a UFO that I hope to (attempt to) put together this year.  








I love those chili peppers--looks like Mr. tiger wants to try 
eating one lol......














and here is the ( pretty much ) last bit of Mr. Crow stealing those
cherries...........








and really old little flowers next to  the last of my Asian Ginko leaves....
loving those colors: maroon, yellow, cheddar, lime green, golds together....

As i am working steadily on my surprise quilt, I didn't make any yellows for this week, so
I thought that I would pull all of these out and think on how to put them together--as they snake all around ...hoping to finish another UFO....

Today is my DH's birthday: so far we went out for breakfast after I gave him a box of his fave cookies --Lorna Doones--as he had gotten his big present earlier--a portable  radio for
 DX-ing; then off to the booze store, BJ's and home where he is moving his antenna. 

Tomorrow we are off to my daughter's for his celebration--dinner, cake, all our grandchildren and children...and grandogs, too...so looking forward to our get together.  

Another wonderful day chez nous....

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse Sneakey-Snake-euse...;--))))


24 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your DH... sounds like it has been a great day so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool fabrics and beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Tubakk...most of these are from the 1980's and -90's...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  3. Isn't re-visiting scraps of our favorite fabrics one of the best things about the RSC?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the snakes! Hope it turns into something lovely. Happy b-day to DH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyeux anniversaire à ton mari !! Profite bien de ce weekend en famille .......
    J'aime beaucoup ton bloc de tissus jaunes !
    Grosses bises JulieRose !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your husband. I too really like your scrappy snake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your hubby had a happy birthday--I love Lorna Doone's too--yum! Your yellow UFO looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to him. Have a great weekend, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I do remember the snake. Isn't it fun to look at all those scraps? That's what I love about scrappy quilts. Looking forward to your snake quilt. ..soon?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can not wait to see what this project will look like in the end! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think YES your tiger is a bit too interested in those peppers. I'd watch that piece for bite marks.
    You sure know how to party. Have fun tomorrow.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that finding the bits and parts in a scrappy quilt is one of the best parts! Happy B'day to your husband and hope you enjoy the celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to your hubby. Soooo looking forward to seeing what you make with the "curved fabric piecing" creations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of fun fabrics in that project. Looking forward to seeing all of those come together into a finished project.

    Happy birthday to Your Guy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like a caterpillar to me. Bet it turns into something beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would never attempt that snakey bit of piecing! It will be interesting to see it when all the bits come together. Glad your hubby had what sounds like a happy birthday. :- )

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm interested in seeing how this will finish up, so many lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting snakes, looking forward to how you will use them! Happy Birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy belated birthday to your hubby. I love your yellow fabrics ... all so different, yet they really work together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy belated BDay to your DH! I hope you all had a great time with your family. I can't wait to see how the snakes go together.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty yellows. I can't wait to see how your snakes work.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.